All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsomerset mallnice hotelfull servicebed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionbig beaver roadhockey tournamentbusiness tripeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfree internetupon checkup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel this past week, and received quite a nice discount associated with a conference I was attending. Prior to calling I researched options that might save me some money, but when I heard that the Room was $96 a night, I opted to book 2 nights at the hotel. Good thing I did, we had a snow storm and it would have been a major hassle bringing my product and displays in thrugh the snow. My company sent product from the home office, which the staff was very helpful in retrieving and storing for me. The rooms were very quiet. Outstanding beds! Great pillows! Great lounge area downstairs with full meal service. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor. The elevators are fast (there are 4), so access is convenient.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tallyho078
Ami W, Public Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Tallyho078, thank you for staying and for writing your review. We love when guests comment on our beds and bedding as Marriott goes to great lengths to assure a truly delightful sleep experience at our properties. Thank you for the review and for the five stars. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed at this property numerous times in the past, and several times this past January. (as a little background, my dad is Plat Premier and I'm Gold)

My grandmother had been sick so we stayed there while visiting her. The staff came to know me and my family, asking us how we were and how she was doing. Since we were there for a while, during the middle of the stay we were upgraded to the Hospitality Suite, which was basically a large living room with a dining room table, (pull out) couch and chair, desk, wet bar, and most importantly another bathroom. Since we were hoping we wouldn't be there that long, there were four of us in a standard room. Certainly not ideal, but we dealt with it given the circumstances. The staff didn't have to upgrade us to this suite (after all, suites aren't guaranteed as an upgrade), but they did and it was MUCH appreciated. It gave us quite a bit of additional room which was really nice.

I left after a few days, and a few days later unfortunately had to return after my grandmother passed away. I booked my own room this time as there was now more availability. The staff remembered me, welcomed be back, apologized for our loss, and asked if there was anything they could do for us.

The hotel is great...clean rooms, good location near numerous restaurants and shopping (Somerset Collection). I had breakfast in the Concierge Lounge a few times, and the staff in there was super friendly as well. One day I arrived just after they took most of the breakfast away, and said that I could have called and let them know I was coming and they'd put some stuff aside for me.

But really, enough can't be said about the fantastic front desk staff. One person in particular, Ray, really stood out. He was extra helpful by arranging the upgrade to the suite for my family, remembering our names, and just going above and beyond. Even only a few days into our stay, he knew us all by name and would always greet us when entering or exiting the hotel.

If I ever find myself in Michigan again, I will absolutely stay at this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Greg G

Greg, thank you and once again on behalf of our entire team, we offer our continued condolences about your grandmother. Thank you for staying with us an for all of your kinds words, especially about Ray, who is a very integral part of our front office team. We hope that the next time you find yourself out of the Garden State, you'll be heading our way. See you then and thanks again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. Staff went the extra mile. Rooms very nice and clean. Super quiet, slept wonderfully. Hotel restaurant very good. Bar service was nice. Great experience. Would come back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Denisetx

Denisetx, thank you not only for staying, but also for writing your review. We hope that your next experience will be a comparable success. Safe travels.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

We stay regularly at Marriotts. Business took us to Troy Michigan. A lavely hotel with very pleasant staff. After the first day they recognized me by name.

Accomodations are very good. We just had burgers for dinner. One of the staff suggested that we stay in, as that is the best in the area. Great 1/2 pounder. I had a very BIG salad and my wife had Fries. The fries werre excellent- crunchy on the outside and soft in the interior.

Sorry to be leaving tomorrow.

Room Tip: All should be good. It is best if you are an Elite member or abovel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank endoman

Endoman, thank you. We are thrilled to hear that your stay was a five star experience and that you enjoyed our on-site restaurant, 200 west. Our burgers are amazing, especially the Kobe Burger, and we agree that the fries are the best ever. We too wish you could have stayed longer. Hopefully you will return again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed 12/27 - 12/29. Staff was very friendly. Hotel neat and clean. Good price. Close to mall and my relatives. Free parking. Only issue is no free wifi. I did ask the front desk and they gave me complimentary wifi for a day, which was nice. Free breakfast for two adults in the lobby. Breakfast was pretty good for a buffet style spread. I would stay here again no problem. They should work on the wifi tho. Most hotels offer free wifi nowadays.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank vinceo1

Vinceo1, thank you for your review and the five star rating of our property. We did want to make one correction to your observation which is that we do not actually offer a complimentary breakfast. A full breakfast buffet and menu is available at 200 west, our onsite restaurant, however it must have been that in your case, breakfast was included with your room package/rate. We wouldn't want travelers receiving incorrect information and having the wrong expectations. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.