All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsomerset mallnice hotelfull servicebed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionbig beaver roadhockey tournamentbusiness tripeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfree internetupon checkup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Spent 3 nights in Marriot Troy as a girls getaway. I stayed at this place 4-5 times before. It's always good. Can't beat the location: close to highway, lots of restaurants around and Sommerset Collection is only mins away!
Hotel had been renovated last year I think. Public area is always clean. There's a lobby bar and restaurant. Also 2 computers in lobby.
Room was quite big. Beds were comfortable. Our room was very clean for the first 2 days... NOT FOR THE 3RD NIGHT!
We were back to hotel at midnight on Sun our last night of stay. Bedroom was clean... but seemed like cleaners FORGOT THE BATHROOM!!! I was shocked to see my old towel in the bathtub. NO CLEANED TOWELS & FLOOR MAT had been replenished! We called the reception right the way. Good that they sent someone with towels in short. Almost forgot they didn't refill bathroom tissue as well!
Overall a very pleasant stay. i gave it 3 points instead of 4, because of the cleaning team totally missed the bathroom part. Hope they can improve it.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank happy_evil
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ended up at this hotel after The Henry, another Marriott hotel in Dearborn, screwed up our reservation (see my review, they wanted to give us one bed to accommodate a family of four) and stayed for two nights. This hotel is a typical Marriott and is in very close proximity to the Somerset Collection Mall. The best part of this hotel experience was Lowell who checked us in. He was extremely pleasant and in marked contrast to the staff at the Henry. He offered us complimentary breakfast for four (I think he felt sorry for how we were treated at the Henry). The breakfast was good, but it certainly was not worth the $19:00 per person that they regularly charge. Lowell also gave us access to the Concierge lounge for the next morning, even though I only have Silver Marriott rewards and not Gold. The complimentary breakfast was almost as good!
Generally, the hotel is quite clean and the beds were very comfortable. I would have given a rating of five, except on our last evening, when we returned we found my wife's prescription glasses missing. We think they were taken with the dirty towels by the sink by mistake. We called housekeeping, and they looked in the laundry Shute, and they could not be found. Housekeeping should be more careful when they take the used towels.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank TorontoMusicman
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I moved from the Marriott in Southfield, MI to this hotel and was happy I did so. The hotel is clean and what you expect from a Marriott. At check-in, they offer you a chance to pay less for internet services. It is $5 dollars vs $12, so I opted in. I am not sure why I still have to pay for internet services when I am paying over $200 a night for a room that is 500 square feet. $5 dollars is more palatable than $12, but still unreasonable. Plenty of restaurants in the area, so I would recommend this hotel. I am staying here again this week, so I will write some additional comments and maybe post some pictures.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed for a wedding reception at the hotel. Great choice to get great night sleep after the fun.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 15, 2012

We stayed here one night to attend a family wedding. Everything was very nice, especially the staff (friendly and professional) and lobby (large sitting area, bar, contemporary setting). The wedding reception facilities were professional and full service. Reception food was very good. Obviously convenient to stay overnight at the reception location. Rooms were nice (although not very big), beds fluffy, bathrooms basic. My wife and kids loved the beds but I thought they were a bit softer than the standard Marriott bed.

I noticed that the pool was "medium size", big enough for several kid families but not so great for swimming laps. Exercise area had treadmills and dumbbells but not much in the way of weight machines. If I was here on business I would consider the fitness facilities more like a courtyard inn. Not deluxe, just adequate.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family