“Excellent, Excellent, Excellent !”
Review of BRIO Tuscan Grille

BRIO Tuscan Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 284 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Invite your family and friends for an unforgettable Italian dinner at BRIO Tuscan Grille Somerset Collection. Taste the Italian menu of grilled entrees, delicious pastas and other genuine Italian dishes. Enjoy our Italian menu by visiting an Italian restaurant near you! Join us at BRIO Tuscan Grille, the best Italian restaurant near you!
Reviewed January 22, 2013

This place is a real find and the last thing you'd expect to find in a mall (Somerset Mall) so parking is easy - right outside the front door!

I recommend you make a reservation unless you dine early. We sat down at about 6pm on a Sunday night. 45 minutes or so later, and the place was humming.

There's a great selection of classic Italian favourites: Pastas; Meats; Pizzas; Rissotto etc and it's all really well priced. The portions are very large and everything is well presented. Just look at the carpaccio starter photo - our friends who knew the place wisely ordered it as a main. That plate is at least 18 inches long by about 6 or 7 wide!

Indeed all the food portions were generous to a fault as well as being well prepared and presented by a first rate serving staff who were knowledgeable about the menu and wine list and only too happy to help. A really nice feature was that they even brought a taster of a wine to two of us before we ordered a glass. Now how often does that happen? Delivery was prompt and efficient without that being rushed feeling.

It was easy to see why this appears to be a very popular place with the locals. When you combine good food, good wine, good atmosphere and service with great prices ($120ish for 4 pre tip - 4 starters, 2 mains, 2 deserts and a couple of glasses of wine and coffees) you should be a "food destination".and would readily return if in the neighbourhood.

An easy recommendation

Reviewed January 5, 2013

I have been to this location about 1/2 dozen times. I usually go for the Bistecca Insalata and the Margherita flat bread. The food is always consistent which is what I like the most. When I go with a group we are usually trying each others entrees and all have been very good. Nice wine selection. The last two times here the service has not been what I was used to expecting. We waited 20 minutes for water when we were first seated and although you would normally try to flag a server down they were walking by at quite a clip. Didn't want to make a scene so we waited. Beyond that service remained less than impressive. I hope the next time I go they have these issues sorted out or I may have to take a hiatus and try something new.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

You can't go wrong with this place. Love the Bruschetta Sampler, love splitting the mediterraneasn salad with orzo, awesome twin tournedos.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Brio is conveniently located in the Somerset Collection, and is one of the few Italian restaurants in the area. It straddles upscale and casual dining, and the food is decent. The staff is accommodating, and a family could feel comfortable dining there.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Brio is definitely one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Metro Detroit and one of my favorite chains, for sure. My favorite time to dine at Brio is for the weekend brunch, which is probably the best in all of Metro Detroit. The french toast is to-die-for. However, Brio also has amazing lobster bisque--and I sometimes come in just for that on a weekday. Their lamb chops are also among the best I have had, and I would highly recommend Brio to anyone looking for good food, in general, not just Italian food.

Been to BRIO Tuscan Grille? Share your experiences!