“Good food, nothing special”
Review of Logan's Roadhouse

Logan's Roadhouse
Ranked #62 of 282 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was a decent place for dinner. Reasonably priced, I had ribs and shrimp which was good, but not great. Service was on the slow side for number of people there. On par with a Chili’s with focus on steaks.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went there with my parents for my birthday. The host walked us to seat us near the smelly bar area. The area smelled like rotten apples and vinegar. I quickly told her that we need to be seated on the other side of restaurant, which we did. Then the waiter takes our order. We get our salads but it took us about 5 minutes trying to get staff to get silverware. We get our food and it was very salty. I was missing a side. Then the bill comes and the waiter places it near my elderly dad who has a hard time seeing. I took the bill and read it. Seems the waiter had put food items on the bill in addition to what we ordered. I had to flag the waiter again for the incorrect bill. He then went and fixed it. It seems we where doing our job more then them. They seem less focused and didnt really care about their impression.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Looking for a steakhouse and went to Logan's for first time. Steak was tender but everything was heavily salted, even the sauteed mushrooms. Nice server but food slow to arrive. Women's bathroom very disgusting. Won't go back.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We had a family gathering here today, so we saw and discused what several family members ordered. Note: no "specials" were available on Sunday afternoon.

The service was friendly and helpful; wide menu, nice hot rolls brought to table. unlimited salted peanuts already on table when you arrive.

Entrees:
"brewski" (onion) steak: cooked to order, but only average flavor; no seasoning
roady burger: average
road house burger deluxe: average. onions were cooked in an unusual manner
grilled chicken: above average -- very tasty
griled chicken salad: average

sides:
skewered veggies: excellent, and served hot. arguably best thing on the menu!
fries: average
sweet potato fries: above average
side caesar salad: above average -- oversize croutons

1  Thank HTOTMO
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I've been here 3 times. This last time was not up to par as the first 2 times. I order a salad, which was good, as far as salads go. The other adults with me (3 more) ordered steaks. One order was for medium well, and it was still bleeding. The other steak was ordered to be cooked medium, and it came out completely cooked through...it was prime rib and everyone knows that prime rib cannot be eaten completely cooked through.

The pros were that even with a large party (4 adults and 4 children) our wait to be seated was only 30 minutes. I didn't think that was too bad. The wait staff was pleasant and kept my drink refilled without asking...a big plus for me.

I will give this place one more chance....