“Good food small portions”
Review of Bonefish Grill

Bonefish Grill
Ranked #2 of 284 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Went here for my husbands birthday. Food was good ,portions were small. Thankfully we ordered apps as well. Nothing spectacular about the atmosphere, one big open room. Not recommended for a romantic dinner, paper for a tablecloth on the tables, I would expect that at a bar type restaurant. Overall, we would go back because we enjoyed the food and it was not really expensive. Loved the Wagyu potstickers.

Reviewed August 3, 2014

My hubby was out with the guys so me and my mother-in-law went here. The food service is always great, food was very good. I had the sirloin and crab cakes, with calamari for appetizer, with a pomegranate martini, she had the crab cake dinner. Everything was good, the waiter was very attentive. We always enjoy ourselves when we go here.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We heard good things about the food here and decided to go. The food was ok, however the service was VERY SLOW and we had to remind the server what we ordered when it didn't come out. I ordered soup with my meal that never came, even after I reminded him. They did take it off the final bill, however I wanted the soup! :(

The portions are small and it's pricey. The flavor was good, but I don't think it's worth the price. I was disappointed with the experience and probably won't return.

Reviewed July 27, 2014

This restaurant opened in January 2014 and we finally dined there today....with disappointing results. It's clean, nicely appointed and the staff is very accommodating. Our server was very pleasant, giving us timed updates regarding the bread, etc. I ordered the Wild King Salmon and my hubby ordered the Maryland Jumbo Crab Cakes and that's when the honeymoon ended. I received a small piece of salmon with the skin left on the bottom for which we were charged $25. It was okay once I peeled it away from the skin. The bright spot was the well-steamed broccoli that accompanied my meal. My husband's entree, unfortunately, was in reality an appetizer portion -- the two "Jumbo" crab cakes were actually one average-size crab cake formed into two small cakes. His fresh side order of green beans were steamed, he figured, about 15 seconds so they were warm but not cooked. This meal cost $17 and he actually came home to make an egg salad sandwich to satisfy his hunger pangs. Clearly, the Portion Control Police were on duty today and not in a good way. I realize that portions in this country tend to run larger than they should; however, this restaurant has swung the pendulum too far in the other direction. This is a highly-competitive business so we will take our dining-out dollars elsewhere in the future.

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We met friends for dinner at Bonefish in Troy, MI. All of the food was good, but, the service was bad. We had to ask for the drinks we ordered multiple times. The bread came out with our meals, not with the appetizers. Plates and wineglasses were not taken away once we were done with them although there was plenty of servers walking around. Also, we asked for extra tarter sauce which never came and finally, the checks were incorrect. For the price and atmosphere of this place, we would expect much better service. We will not be going back.

1  Thank Jennifer L