“Always good”

Cuisines: Thai, Vietnamese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I have to disagree with the review of the day May 29, 2012. I love their food they always serves you in a big square plate. If you order fried rice or pad Thai, they do give you a lot. I can't even finish mine. Otherwise If you order just a couple dishes to share for many people, it's not gonna be enough. So give them a fair review pls

1  Thank Apinya582

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We just came back from dinner, and I cant stress how bad food, service and place itself is....

If you are going to charge 10+ bucks for an entree, at least make sure the quantity is par with a dinner portion. This was a lunch portion we received. Quality of food sucked too. Pad thai was rubbery and fried rice was under cooked.
There is no public restroom. OUTRAGEOUS. The lady who served us was having a bad day or something, but she was grumpy......
I wouldnt go back here......

Reviewed May 4, 2010

Though they cater to the American crowd, this place makes pretty authentic Thai. Their house fried rice is about as good as you are going to find anywhere in the country. Its very homestyle-ish and not the prettiest dish, but it is just as if your grandmother made it- especially if she was Thai. The spice level can be adjusted and even the most avid scoville-fiend will not walk away disappointed. I’d love to tell you about their other offerings, but I can’t because I just keep coming back for the fried rice. I’ve traveled the country extensively, and can say that this may be the best Thai fried rice you are going to find (living in NYC, that’s pretty high praise).

Been to Penn's Thai Cafe? Share your experiences!