“Great Indian food”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Great place for Indian food. Dining room is noting to talk about but often packed. Food is excellent and friendly service will make you glad you were there. Order a verity of items and Dosa is a must try. I visit this place as often as I can. Love it!

There are newer reviews for Ashoka Indian Quisine

Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Price was fair, and for having a small Chinese-to-go-only style kitchen in the back, the food is plentiful and good too. The thali extras were great vs. the al lacart option. Saw some great dishes being passed around to other tables, wish I knew what they were for next time....ps. they need to clean there table cloths under the glass table cover...

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Came to Troy for 2 days business trip.. had food all the time in this restaurant really very nice .. good service .. taste of food also very very good.. very fast service.. i tried both lunch and dinner both are fine..

Reviewed June 6, 2014

Excellent lunch buffet with naan and tandoori chicken included and brought to the table. The sambar is excellent.

Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

Having dined at every Indian restaurant I can ever find, I have a good solid basis to form an opinion of what is above, or below "the line". Ashoka has good food, and I give it an honest 3.5 out of 5 for flavor, variety and authenticity. The restaurant itself is another animal altogether. The place is just not sanitary enough to be considered a dining room. There was old food crusted to the top of my table and stuff floating in my water glass (that came from the pitcher because it hadn't been there prior to a refill). These are not acceptable, and either one could happen on a "bad day", but both within the first 10 minutes of my experience there was a harbinger of things to come. The food arrived and smelled/appeared nice and we began our meal. Not long after biting into my food, I watched my guest move his dish to serve himself more rice and could see dried food stuck to the edge of his plate on the underside. I told him about it and he stopped serving himself. We got the plate replaced by hailing the waiter, and enjoyed the rest of our meal. This is not an all out gripe, I do commend them for serving better than so-so food - filth on the other hand will never fetch a high rating from me. At the end of the day, the quality of food served only slightly outweighs the atmosphere/surroundings that it's served in (in my opinion). For this reason, I give this place 3 out of 5 rather than 2/5.

3  Thank Matthew D