“BAD Experience POOR Value”
Review of Cafe Sushi

Cafe Sushi
Ranked #135 of 280 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Good for: Families with children
Reviewed May 8, 2012

This Restaurant ruined my dinner for my mother inlaws bday!

we ordered a "Sashimi Combo for 2" - $50 hoping that it would be enough for 2 ppl, and then added a couple rolls to our meal @ $11-12 each

when the food eventually came out, i was shocked to see how little food came out. other restaurants would have a nice big boat of fish!! but this place came our with a dinky little plate.

There had to be a mistake, because there was like only 10 pieces of Sashimi, so i asked the server if they had our order correct? which she said yes, it's the SASHIMI COMBO FOR TWO.

i still couldn't believe it, so i confirmed with her again, "THIS is for TWO?? this is $50 worth?"
and she had the balls to say, yes, ... and then she quicky turned away, without offering any reasonable explanation to the ridiculous cost.

i wanted to call the Manager over, but since i was eating with my inlaws i didn't want to create a scene. The waiter never came back to ask us how things were, because she knew we were not happy.

Poor Service, Poor food, Poor Value.
and yes we had to eat a second dinner afterwards

I feel it's my duty to share and make sure other ppl odn't get ripped off as well.
See my photo of our unsatisfying dinner

3  Thank Monchhichipk
There are newer reviews for Cafe Sushi

Reviewed April 23, 2012

Slow service, we sat for 30 minutes waiting when the restaurant was empty. There were only 3-4 other tables occupied with police.

After all the waiting, the food came and it was so crappy. The portions were small and it seemed like they didn't know how to cut sashimi.

Considering how expensive this place was, I expected much more than this.
I would NOT come here again. And would recommend that you find another restaurant instead

2  Thank rob t
Reviewed April 6, 2012

At last, the only restaurant that appeared to care about it's guests. Good service and good quality for food! I wish my stay at the Homewood would have been better because the food at this sushi was really good!

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Great sushi! Management could be a bit more polite, but the waitresses made up for the rudeness of the manager on duty. The sushi chefs love to hear feedback on what you think of their rolls and are always open for suggestions on rolls that aren't on the menu.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Service is Slow ,,,Food was Dry and very Fishey smell ,,,Chef was not comunicating with the server ,,believe theres no english involve,,,,was trying to tell the chef what we order .but they seem empty and dont really know what was going on...will never come back....

3  Thank Stven

Been to Cafe Sushi? Share your experiences!