“Good food at reasonable prices”

Picano's Restaurant & Lounge
Ranked #24 of 298 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is our go to place for Italian food. We have been going here for years and we are seldom disappointed. The veal dishes are especially good.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had a fantastic dining experience at Picano's with my wife for her birthday. Both of our meals were excellent. My wife really enjoyed the scallop risotto. Service was prompt and attentive and we did not feel rushed in any way. We definitely plan on a return visit.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Maybe it is the location or the owners but this place should really close shop and give it up!
Upon entry you are immediately transported into a time warp of the 1950s. The place has not been renovated since it opened. The poor fellow who started it and hails from Monte Cassino probably was doing well but today, Picano's has become a local bar-lounge with a restaurant which shamefully calls itself Italian! The antipasto was inedible with calamari, sausages/peppers and fried artichokes which had no taste. Then came the pasta dishes piled up skyhigh to the point of killing your appetite when you looked at them! My penne arrabiata had a sauce which tasted like having come from a can while my partner's fettucine Alfredo were burried in a mound of white sauce dripping out of its dish! Non,,non, non! That's not the way Italian food should be, this is a disaster! Never again!

2  Thank mirsar
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I went here several times years ago and it seemed like it was slipping down hill fast. We decided to try it again last night. If every meal is similar to what we had last night I can certainly say it would be an excellent choice. Salad was good, crispy, fresh, not overly vinegary, the pasta was not overlooked, the chicken was tender and juicy which usually chicken breast in restaurants is on the dry side. Most of all the service was awesome. They were right near whatever we needed. Even fresh hot bread was good. Everything for us was "right on the money" and I prefer a family owned like this over a chain any day. If you think a chain restaurant is better than a place like this then you really should stick with a chain. I prefer real food myself and I'll be back here again soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stopped going here a while ago. The chicken has no flavor and its jut not as good as it used to be.Not sure what happened, but I hope they figure it out. I prefer Carabbas, even though its a much farther drive to Lake side.

2  Thank miller2345

Been to Picano's Restaurant & Lounge? Share your experiences!