“A sports bar”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner
Reviewed May 7, 2014

It was OK and the place our needs.It was right across the street form our hotel. We were in and out in good time. Food was typical and OK.

There are newer reviews for Champps

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Out of town visitors got the munchies and in the mood for burgers on the grill at 10:00 p.m. I however wasn't in the mood to fire up the grill. They wanted to have a drink, somewhere not too fancy. I knew exactly the spot. Champps Americana. The restaurant/bar is casually chic with a pleasing atmosphere.

They ordered the nachos as an appetizer are were surprised at the quantity of food served on the plate. You definitely get your money's worth here. We ordered their famous burgers which were cooked exactly as requested. I had their onion soup which was tweaked at the suggestion of a neighboring table guest. We added au jus broth and let me tell you it was the best ever! And what goes best with a juicy charbroiled burger? Yep... a frothy cold beer. Their selection is great and the prices are fair.

The location is located just off of I-75 and Big Beaver Road. Easy on and off ramp. Love the fact that they have TV screens and they favor our local teams. It's a fun atmosphere where it's easy to meet other fun loving, friendly people. We sat chatting until midnight. The ambiance is welcoming and the servers are always smiling. I wonder why?

Reviewed March 31, 2014

You have many choices in and around Troy, MI. Champps is great choice for a nice appetizer, a good burger, and if you leave room, dessert. What I like about this place is it's consistently good service and the meal is better than average. There are some nitpicks though: The Ahi Tacos were flavorful, but the Ahi chewed like they were remnants that could not be used for main entree, cut into small pieces and all. The crab bread lacked the crab, although I could tell there was some "krab" instead. If you like a Reuben, go for that. For a kick, try blue cheese instead of swiss. Champps accommodated our request. This place get's busy, so be patient. You'll be glad you were.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I was in from Toronto and wanted to watch the Leafs play against the LA Kings on the west coast. They were very accomodating and switched one of the TV's near where I was sitting so that I could watch the hockey game. I only wish they stayed open longer on a Thursday so I could watch the end of the game, but they were nice and let me stay past closing to watch the end of the 2nd period.
They had a great Thursday Beer and Appetizer special which made the evening even better.
Cheers to the pretty bartender, even though she wouldn't join me for an after work smoke.

Reviewed March 5, 2014

Champps seems to have modified its menu a bit, last two trips have been pleasantly surprised.

My son loves going here after a long basketball practice, he fills up on the Carolina Burger, which he says is the best in Troy. The last two trips I've had the Southwest Salad, and a new entree - Peppered Ahi Tacos last night, which was really, really good.

If you've never been to a Champps, very much a pub atmosphere but a decent menu. Many, many TVs, a big bar area, and the last few times has not been at all crowded. Guessing they are losing business to some of the new restaurants that have opened 1/4 mile away.

With all of the restaurants in the area, we still go back to Champps periodically...I think overall, it's a very good value, lower prices than the others.