“Stop hovering”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 18, 2014

I love this place , and would give 5 stars if they stopped pushing you out...IE, clearing your table before you're finished, hovering while you eat. If they would just back off, I would be happy. The food is good. Because they push us out I give 3 stars

1  Thank Heather C

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Mon Jin Lau has excellent food with a very wide menu. Service was prompt and attentive throughout. Good wine list accompanies the menu.

The only downside is the noise level. We were in a side room off the main room so we thought it would be quieter. Once the room filled up it got very loud like the main room.

Two of us had sushi which was excellent. The other two of us had meals off the main menu and both entrees were absolutely great. We'll presented and wonderful flavors.

1  Thank BHartMich
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Mon Jin Lau. Has been around forever! That is probably because of the outstanding quality of food and service found there. It is definitely a notch above your standard Chinese restaurant. The shrimp and lobster sauce is amazing and usually my favorite. However, I have never been disappointed by anything I have ordered.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This place make PF Changs look like an average take out joint! The happy hour rocks. It has a great vibe, even if you don't go on their club night (Wednesdays.) Its where to go if you want actual good Chinese/pan Asian food!!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I've been going to Mon Jin Lau for around 20 years. It's a bit out of the way for Troy (Stephenson & Maple) yet they always seem to bring in guests. The food is very good, some standard chinese dishes but also sushi and a variety of unique entrees. It also boasts a good wine menu, nice bar area, and I think it's a bit of a hot spot after work later in the week (though never go in for that).

Would recommend having reservations just in case as it can get busy, especially on weekends. Very nice ambience, romantic, a nice first date spot.