Today is my husband and my wedding anniversary so we went out to dinner. We had never been to Capital Grille although we have lived within 10 minutes of the restaurant for 20 years. I like choosing restaurants by reviews on tripadvisor so when I saw it was #1 I thought we would give it a go. Here are our findings:
1) They take reservations and they ask if it is a special occasion so they can make the experience extra special for you. There were rose petals spread over the table, a handwritten note wishing us a happy anniversary, and a special surprise dessert.
2) Our waiter Forrest was very professional as was the bus man assigned to our table. Great service throughout the night. I noticed when our dinner was ready, another person brought it to us so it as a "team" approach they took at times so nothing sat getting cold.
3) The bread basket was delicious with an unusual assortment of many homemade breads.
4) After receiving our beverages (a glass of wine and a beer... my husband loved his IPA), we started with a very unique calamari prepared with peppers and jalapenos that we enjoyed, followed by a bowl of lobster bisque we shared.
5) For dinner my husband got the seared sesame tuna (rare) which he said he would order again, except the three sauces it came with were all a bit sweet and he would have liked them to be much more different from each other. Forrest offered to hand make raw wasabi which took just a few minutes and it was great (Pete's eyes were watering which says it is nice and hot)! I got the filet rare prepared "oscar" style with crab and Bearnaise sauce which was tender and melted in my mouth.
Note: We both really enjoyed our dinners but I would comment that they were very large so if you wanted to treat yourself to this rather pricey dinner out more than just on special occasions, you could easily share a dinner and an appetizer and you would not leave hungry.
6) When dinner was over Forrest brought us a beautiful anniversary dessert with two candles and it was a nice way to finish the night. Total cost not including tip was $147.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.