“Best steak in town”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 295 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Every time to I go Ruth's the food seems to get better. The best steaks in town, prepared just as ordered. Sides generous and usually what's in season. Wait service top notch, there when you need them but not too pushy. Best cheesecake I've ever had or made myself. Truly a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't know why this place has so much hype..not great food, not great service..seriously, didn't feel like the food was worth the extra dollars we were paying for..Morton's across the street is so much better for food!! Even Capital Grill is way better in terms of service..I wouldn't come back!!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We started by sharing a selection of starters - tuna, mushrooms and calamari. All were very tasty, especially the tuna. For mains, the steaks are good quality and were cooked as requested. The steaks are served extremely hot and dressed with lots of butter. If you don't need the calories, remember to ask them to hold the butter when you order. As a place for a work dinner, this is a great spot.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

The steaks are really that good. Pricey for sure. The sides are not wonderful. The southwest mac n cheese tasted like cheap cheese food processed. Mushrooms I could make at home for 1/20th of the price. Salad good. Lobster bisque good. Deserts were fantastic. Bring your wallet!
The dining room is very very darkly lit.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Without a doubt, one of the best meals and finest service I've had. My wife and I were celebrating an Anniversary and wanted someplace special. This was special. I had a large filet and my wife had a smaller one and they were done to perfection. The service was just right, attentive but not overly so. The sides were also excellent. Baked potato and sautéed mushrooms were expertly done. We brought home leftovers, but I would have loved to try the deserts. They looked wonderful. The menu is a la carte. It' pricy, but worth every bit. I have paid more for meals that I've enjoyed less. It was a wonderful experience that I hope I can enjoy again soon.

Been to Ruth's Chris Steak House? Share your experiences!