“Ruth's swizzle & sizzle...best deal around”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 280 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Crooks and I75
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have gone a number of times to Ruth's for the happy hour. Ruth's Manhattan at $7 is the best drink around. The homemade chips which come gratis are delish. The prime burger is the best anywhere....everything $7. What could be better? The servers, David and Amber, are both excellent and friendly.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed September 8, 2012

very good meal and excellent service, over the top for attention to detail but as a value, I would have to rate it Ok not Great I won't run back soon unless I hit the Loto

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Excellent Beef, what an experience. The steak was great, food was great, was invited by a close relative & he paid the bill.. Not a place I visit But it was amazing.. I am sure the Bill was amazing too..

Reviewed August 31, 2012

Ruth Chris was one of the restaurants in Troy who participated in the city's Restaurant Week. Meaning they had a 3-course dinner special for a better-than-usual price. There were six in our party, 5 ordered the Special (I had Michigan Salad, Fillet, and Bread pudding for dessert), my husband went a la carte (he ordered a NY Strip). The steaks were tender as expected; salad & desserts very good. Waitstaff was attentive; water glass filled regularly. Waitstaff (Amy) even gave my husband a complimentary dessert since he was the only one whose dinner did not include one! We thought it was a nice touch.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

We were looking for a place to eat and wanted to have a nice "dress up dinner", figured we couldnt lose with Ruth's Chris. The grill chicken and the broccli was the best I have had in a very long time, but the salmon was a little over cooked and very "fishy". Besides the food the staff was friendly and informative. We sat in the bar area, but even there you could feel a sense of a need to belong. Overall its not someplace I would go again, I tend to be more down to earth despite the capcity of my wallet. If you are looking for a nice night out, and you are looking to rub shoulders with the elite, by all means enjoy, but of you want a relaxed, friendly dinner, try J Alexander's or Chaamps.