Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed July 22, 2014

We book almost 15 rooms for the function. We did not have a single complain. The service was really good.
Room service and breakfast service was excellent. I remember the name of the lady Hinda she was handling the breakfast area. Love the greeting of the hotel team.
I would strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Mine was 201 it was at the and almost at the exit. Every room was almkst similar. Go for any.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Yash P
Brad J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2014

Wow - it's great to hear that your entire group enjoyed our hotel during your event. We appreciate your business - we had fun with your family/friends. Take Care.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

The stay was overall very good. We loved taking breakfast specially because of Hilda who served us . She was very friendly, clean and very helpful. My kids loved her.
The staff was always welcoming
We had a wonderful stay

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Giomia67
Brad J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Greetings.... Thank You for the nice review - that's outstanding! I'll share your nice comments with our team - they truly enjoy taking care of our guests. Yes - we love Hilda too.... Take Care

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Holiday Inn Express Hotels are my favorite to stay in, but this one was the best I have ever stayed. I highly recommend this hotel for business and families. I wish all hotels were as clean and nice as this one. Thank you Holiday Inn Express! A++++

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank MollyLue
Brad J, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Wow - Thank You for the great review on our hotel. We also feel we are the "Best Holiday Inn Express" hotel. We appreciate your business and hope to see you soon. Thanks!

Reviewed June 26, 2014

A few times a year I take my daughter on a mother-daughter shopping spree and because we live in a border city our trips sometimes involve the two of us crossing the border into Detroit, Michigan where there are an abundance of malls and lovely shopping centers. We decided to stay overnight on this visit and we chose the beautiful community of Troy which is approximately 14 miles from Detroit as our stay over location.

I reserved a room at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites in Troy, MI. and we were happy that we did as the hotel was a block or two from our destination; the Oakland Mall. The parking lot was quite large and the lobby entrance was beautiful; decorated in earth tones with comfortable furniture groupings set up in the spacious area. Adjacent to the lobby area there was a very large dining room which sat 85 people each morning for a complimentary breakfast. We were greeted by the General Manager, Brad Jahner on our arrival and he could not have been more accommodating or professional!

We were fortunate enough to check in early so that we could leave our luggage behind while we shopped. The hotel hallways were extra wide and the carpeting was fresh and clean and contained earthy mixed colors. Our room was much larger then we expected. It contained a very spacious bathroom, a good size closet, a desk with a pliable leather office chair, two very comfortable queen beds, a large flat screen television which sat atop an ample size dresser, a round table with an overstuffed chair, a mini refrigerator, a coffee bar and a microwave oven.

We enjoyed a hearty breakfast before we checked out the next day. I cannot say enough about the friendly staff; from the people managing the front desk to Hilda who oversaw the breakfast area; everyone was cheerful and helpful. I am looking forward to visiting the Troy area again soon and I will definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Joanne B

Greetings from the Holiday Inn Express Troy hotel... Thank You for the kind words regarding our hotel and staff. We take pride in our customer service and our team is dedicated to our guests. It's great to hear that you had a fantastic experience in our area - lots of great options when it comes to shopping. We hope to see you soon. Thanks!

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Impressed with the service at this hotel! The staff was courteous and professional. Even my sisters pickiness was accommodated! The rooms were great and the free breakfast was fantastic. The only recommendation I would make is to improve the fitness centre by adding some free weights and a stretching area. Other than the know detail, it was a perfect stay.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank mamaroadrunner

Thanks for adding another great review to TripAdvisor. We love to hear back from our guests, and we always appreciate the feedback. I'll check into your suggestion regarding our fitness room. Thanks Again!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

I stay at the Holiday Inn Express every week as I am a consultant on the road every week. It is vitally important to feel at home when you are away from home as much as I am. I must say, the people here do an impeccable job at doing just that. I have to say that Hilda, who serves me my breakfast in the morning, is a standout. She is so friendly and attentive. Works very hard. Never stops moving. Always cheerful. I look forward to my mornings because of her. That is pretty much the standard at this hotel. Folks at the front desk, specifically Naomi, extremely friendly and warm. Hotel is beautifully kept. Service is great. Cant ask for a better value when you are on the road.

Room Tip: Every room is great, however, I would shy away from the "special assistant" rooms unless y...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth H

Thanks for staying with us during your latest trip to Troy, MI. We all agree about Hilda, she does a fantastic job in our breakroom room serving our guests. I'll make sure she gets a copy of your review. We hope to see you soon in the near future. Thanks!

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed here in June 2014. The experience was overall good but what makes me recommend this place to others is the customer service showed by the employee Hilda. She greeted us with a smile and an eager attitude, she was very attentive and helped as best as she could. I gave a 5 for service because of that! You don't see customer service like this anymore! Great Job! Wonderful choice in choosing such a great employee!

• Stayed: June 2014

Greetings..... Another great review on our associate Hilda. She truly loves her job and we are very fortunate to have her on our team. Our entire staff appreciates your comments and we hope to see you down the road. Thanks!