“AMBER IS THE BEST!! Great value and georgeous property”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I had a business partner coming into town to celebrate a successful year. Amber was extremely helpful in helping me book multiple rooms for myself and a few friends. She also made sure all of my rewards points we applied to my account. She is great at accommodating our various room requirements and just a pleasure to deal with. The hotel is a brand new property and spotless. Next time I need a hotel in Troy; this property will be my first call.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Greg 547,
We are very blessed to have Amber as a member of our team! I am so glad that you enjoyed the customer service that she brings to the hotel. It is our goal to have everyone feel comfortable and at home while they are with us. We are proud to have been a part of your celebration while you were in town. Thank you very much for submitting this wonderful review of our property!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Hotel Manager...Tarah Schraffenberger helped me considerably with an issue...going above and beyond the norm. I generally would not take the time to write this but I felt compelled when I saw the notice on the elevator about how hard they strive to make everyone's stay a "10". I am sure that many travelers (including me) are unlikely to be back to that specific hotel, but I do want to post this so that perhaps the hotel and particularly Ms. Schraffenberger can be recognized.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear TimothyF,
I truly appreciate that you took the time to give this wonderful review. We do take great pride in our hotel and we hope that everyone feels at home while they are staying with us! Again, thank you very much and I am glad that I was able to assist you during your stay.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

just finished a weekend stay for my grandson's hockey tournament and i can't say enough about how enjoyable our stay was. the whole staff was very accomodating to all of our need's and went out of their way to make sure the kid's had fun. the room's were excellent and the breakfast was high quality. thanks to tereah and the rest of the staff for a great stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Barry1,
We enjoyed having your team stay with us during your hockey tournament. We love to see families having fun while they are with us! Thank you very much for submitting this review of our hotel and we hope to see you again next time you are in town.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Both the accomodations and staff at the Holiday Inn Express in Troy, Michigan are amazing. The staff; Tereah and Amber at the front desk are professional, efficient, respectful and extrememly helpful. The rooms are clean and the service is excellent. THANK YOU for the comfortable environment.

Room Tip: they have very comfortable business suites
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear SPSZ58,

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! We are so proud to have Amber and Tereah as part of our team. Thank you for taking the time to complete this wonderful review of our property. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent four nights at this hotel for my brother's wedding. The staff was wonderful and always made a point to say hi to my kids and ask If there was anything we needed every time we walked through the lobby. Our room was clean, and the kids loved the pool. I would definitely stay here again! Tereah and Amber at the front desk were wonderful!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2013

We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us while you were here for a wedding. We always hope that everyone feels at home when they are staying with us. We are so happy to have Tereah and Amber on our team! I will make sure to share this review with them today! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Troy Michigan. My wife and I, as well as my parents and sister & brother-in-law, were in town from Toronto to attend a family wedding at a nearby venue and decided to stay at this hotel because of the convenient location and great reviews. We were all pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness of the hotel, comfortable beds and very nice breakfast that was included, but the most memorable part of our stay (aside from the wedding itself) was the wonderful service at this hotel. In particular, Tereah at the front desk deserves 5 stars for customer care. What a delightful woman!! From the moment we checked in to the hotel until the time we left, every need was taken care of with super efficiency and a warm smile. In fact, both my wife and I gave Tereah a huge hug when we left, and I don't think we've ever done that before at any hotel or resort that we've stayed at. Holiday Inn has a true gem in Tereah and as a result of our very positive experience I am sure that we will be returning to this hotel in the future!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Tarah S, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Trew11,
We are so glad that we were able to be a part of your families wedding weekend! We work hard to ensure that all of our guest’s are comfortable while they are staying with us. Tereah definitely takes hospitality to another level. We are so happy that she has chosen to be a part of our team in Troy. Thank you very much for taking the time to submit this wonderful review of our new property. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Great staff, clean/updated hotel. It was in a great location, easy to get to and easy to hop on the highway in the morning. The staff was friendly and helpful. The free breakfast in the morning was hot and fresh with a good variety of options, cereal, yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, toast, pancakes and decent quality coffee. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a clean, comfortable place to stay for a reasonable price and with a courteous staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Wolex23,
Thank you very much for submitting this lovely review of our property. We know that you had a lot of hotels to choose from when you traveled to Troy. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast while you were at the hotel. Thank you again for recommending our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hampton Inn & Suites Detroit / Troy
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Detroit Troy
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Hampton Inn Detroit / Madison Heights / South Troy
Hilton Garden Inn Detroit Troy

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy? Share your experiences!