“Food is ok. Bad service.”

East Lake Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #131 of 282 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Waitress shows no emotion, not friendly. Food is ok to good. I prefer the other one at 12 mile/van Dyke for Cantonese food.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've eaten here several times, and initially we were given the "regular" menu. I noticed some tables had a laminated menu and requested it. Perhaps the dishes on the laminated menu are more "authentic," but either way, I enjoy these more. Dim sum is very good; typical of what you find in many dim sum places with many steamed choices available. Very busy on the weekends, large groups...a good sign. My husband and I and another couple prefer to eat there during the week. It's a little quieter, and the waitress is familiar with us now. Do try their fried squid with garlic and hot peppers! It's a favorite.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Very good Cantonese food in Troy. Great value in Chinese family-style dinners, and dim sum is served daily at lunch. The 10-course Chinese banquets are also served but reservation is required. Two private party rooms with a capacity for 3 tables are available. Very busy at lunch on Saturdays and Sundays. Never a bad meal there.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Found this restaurant that serves dim sum daily even on weekdays, so we came here for lunch. Good dim sum selections, they all tasted really good. It's not as great as NY or Chicago dim sum, for Michigan, I have to say this is pretty good.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

This is where the Chinese truck drivers eat. Authentic Chinese cuisine prepared and served graciously. Amazing dim sum. My only complaints are 1) non-Asians are automatically given the American menu while Asians are given a different one. The difference is more than language. 2) Cash paying customers are not rung up on the cash register nor are they given a receipt. This concerns me since sales tax is collected but not reported in this fashion many times. Nonetheless, we dine here about three times a month.