“Excellent Service! Amazing food.”
Review of Troy Kitchen

Troy Kitchen
Ranked #158 of 282 Restaurants in Troy
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I go to Troy Kitchen quite often, The service and the food have never disappointed me. The staff is very nice and welcoming. The place is nice and cozy. I absolutely love all their soups. You can tell that they are freshly made and they taste delicious. I try something different every time I go there but gyro sandwiches are my favorite. If you want to have a nice meal with your family, Troy Kitchen is the place to be.

2  Thank Mary Ann N

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped in here on a Sunday morning for breakfast after a good review from our neighbor. While the strip mall it is located in isn't much from the outside, in side the place was surprisingly airy and inviting. They also had a good crowd for a Sunday morning. Service was surprisingly fast for having only one waitress. Coffee was your typical diner fair. We both ordered the blueberry pancakes and enjoyed them. The breakfast also has an extensive omlet section and several egg scramblers that we have to try on future visits. We also want to try this place for lunch sometime as the menu has many of your standard coney/ Greek restaurant fare with prices that looked to be more than reasonable. An ideal neighborhood diner in Troy!

2  Thank HardyA34
Reviewed July 22, 2012

I went in shortly after they opened because its close to home. I asked what was home made on the menu and the server told me how they heat up this or heat up that, but nothing was home made. So I ordered a hamburger, but it was below average. I have not been back since (July '12)

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Great neighborhood place for breakfast, lunch, or dinner ... generous portions of good home-cooked kinds of food, a friendly and welcoming place. It feels like a real neighborhood eatery , because when we go there, we often see neighbors there, too. Love their freshly made soups and salads, especially their summer salad.

Reviewed May 26, 2012

I've visited Troy Kitchen 3 times now, each time terribly disappointed. On the first visit I ordered biscuits and gravy. The biscuits must have been frozen and re-microwaved, because they were so tough that I couldn't cut through them with a fork. My partner's pork chop entree was nothing more than two dried out chops thrown on a plate.
I returned to the restaurant twice more thinking that surely subsequent experiences wouldn't be so bad. I'm sorry to say I was wrong. I've given it a few good faith tries, but I'll never return for anything other than an omelet. (Positive point: The omelets are one tasty item that they haven't bungled.)
I feel bad giving such a poor review, because the owners and staff seem like good folks just trying to make a go of it. But the problem is that they don't seem to have the first idea about how to make and present restaurant-quality food. For example, at one visit I ordered grilled cheese. Simple enough, right? The waitress returned with a big plate with a pitiful, scrawny sandwich. One lonely piece of American cheese singles between two tiny slices of white sandwich bread. I could get a better quality grilled cheese at a public school cafeteria. Try using good quality bread, real cheese, and enough of it to at least get to the edges of the bread. Then offer a side or garnish to dress it up.
I suggest the staff visit other diner-style restaurants around town and get an idea of what good quality, well presented food looks like. Then adjust accordingly. Otherwise Troy Kitchen won't last long, and the nice staff will be out of jobs.

1  Thank EurekaJ J

Been to Troy Kitchen? Share your experiences!