Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
$119
$289
  • Pool
$74
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
Priceline
All reviewssmall airportdollar storestrip mallkimchigreat hotelfull size refrigeratorhome away from homecomplimentary breakfastconvenient locationfresh fruitliving roomoatmealindoor poolnice breakfaststaff was friendlyfront desk staffwe've stayed
Reviewed June 6, 2010

I had an employee in town for training for 6 weeks. We chose for her to stay at the Homewood because it was a) within a few miles of our office and b) right next to a Wal-Mart, Marshalls, Subway, sushi place, great bar and grill and other shops (so anything they needed didn't require more then a walk next door). The great rate was also nice for the budget.

She raved about the Homewood. The breakfast and dinner (four nights a week) were great but the staff...She constantly talked about the staff and I must agree. Every time I needed something or they needed me for something (like forgetting to send the cc authorization), they were nice, extremely friendly and helpful to solve the problems simply and in our favor. You know those people who you can tell just like where they work so they do everything they can to help? These people are at the Homewood in Troy.

The room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet. The pool was nice. I could go on but just a great place. Highly recommended and will continue to have employees coming into town stay there.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Evan J
Reviewed May 7, 2010

I have found that the Homewood Suites is the best choice for my family when we travel. there is plenty of space in the rooms, the beds and furnature are real comfy too. This hotel has a great dinning room, we felt like royalty eating there.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2009

I stay in a lot of hotels and this one is my favorite. It's not fancy, it's not in a resort community, it's not five stars. But the people that work there are very special. They'll always go the extra mile for you. We've all heard the cliches about treating guests like family, but in this case it's real.

The staff here is truly exceptional; from the housekeepers to the maintenance staff to the front desk staff, and you are always greeted with the same familiar, experienced faces at this location, which makes for consistently excellent service. On my most recent visit I was late arriving from Germany. The front desk staff asked me if I'd had dinner yet, called the kitchen and asked them to hold food for me (they'd already closed for the evening) and best of all, it was served with a big smile.

Last summer, when my father passed away in a local hospital while I was staying at this hotel, one of the housekeepers stopped me in the hall, held my hands and gave me one of the warmest and most sincere offering of condolence I've every received. Now, how can a hotel like this NOT be a favorite?

The rooms are standard Hilton Homewood Suites rooms. They're quiet and comfortable. I'd recommend the suite rather than the studio because the bedroom door is not off of the hallway and it makes for a quieter night's sleep. The beds are comfortable and the housekeeping is meticulous. In-room Internet service is fast, reliable and free.

Although they serve a free breakfast and a free light supper, each room has a fully equipped kitchen. If you get tired of eating out, there are plenty of supermarkets in the area and you can easily cook up some comfort food.

I love this hotel!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2008

I had to find a place to stay due to a bathroom remodeling project , and I am more than pleased with not only the cleanliness, but the exceptional service from Justin and Lara.

I am a local and previewed most of the area properties prior to deciding on this hotel. The overall quality and cleanliness was exceptional, especially if you are a comparing to the faithful Residence Inn/Marriott properties. The furniture and kitchen, including microwave, are all very high quality and without a single stain. More importantly, my compliments to the Executive Housekeeper, who assured me that cleanliness is a priority to this facility.

That all said, there was a snafu at check in, and when I called to vent my frustration, Justin completely turned my "attitude" around...he has exceptional listening skills and really managed the moment. You just don't get that kind of upscale service from most hotel staff....but I cannot sign off without sharing my compliments about Lara, too. She has a wonderful service presence and really knows how to make you feel like you are five star client!

This is a CLEAN hotel and you can't go wrong, especially if you need a good hotel in the northern suburbs of Detroit area!

Thanks to everyone, but mostly Justin and Lara:-)

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 30, 2008

I had not previously stayed at a Homewood Suites. Very happy with the room amenities and layout. Staff was attentive and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

This is a reasonable option for attending events in Detroit, under normal conditions it is 20 minutes or so from downtown. Currently I-75 is under construction both north and southbound, and the delays are extensive. Construction is scheduled to end by March of 09. We had to resort to surface streets in order to get to our event on time.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple