“Excellent service”

Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Rochester Hills, Michigan
“Excellent service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Excellent service and responsiveness of the hotel staff. Felt safe within the area of the hotel. Room was clean and all appliances worked. Enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and supper at the hotel. Food was good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I travelled to Detroit, Troy ayear back. This hotel was already booked for me by my company representatives. It was on of the best hotels which I stayed so far. I stayed there for almost 2 months. The ambience, food ,interiors and service was best in its class.Located near shopping complex and well connected too rest of the city.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
White Plains, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2013

My wife and I were visiting family in Metro Detroit and looked at several hotels before we decided on this one based on the positive TA reviews.

The hotel is located away from the major intersections, which makes it quiet at night. It's also located within walking distance to a shopping center and a couple of restaurants.

The room was clean and had a separate living space with doors, which made it great for one person to sleep without being disturbed by another that stays up later. The kitchenette was fairly large and convenient for bringing in your own food and snacks.

The main dining room was large and had free coffee which was great for our early morning departure. The staff was pleasant, professional and always available at the desk.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel based on the excellent value and plan to stay here again.

Room Tip: The walls are somewhat thin, so if you're a light sleeper, ask for room away from groups or fami...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Other than aminities all the services are good. Request for Swimming pool timing adjust: Weekdays: 6am ~ 10pm Weekends: 9am ~ 10pm Request for Humidifier during winter season: It's too dry in the room during winter, keeping turn ON the heater. This causes bit of suffocation during sleep time.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Fort Drum, New York
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel blew my mind! Not only was the room spacious, clean, comfortable and set up logically but the staff was super nice and I loved the breakfast, dinner, and wine!! I really enjoyed my stay! Full bath, refrigerator, kitchen, two phones, TVs, nice views, everything was wonderful!

Room Tip: The only issue I had was that the housekeeper didn't always replace my soap, etc. or remove my t...
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed March 25, 2013

My husband and I travel about 260 days of the year so we're very used to all types of issues that can come up during travels.

During a recent, week long stay at this hotel we were placed next to a noisy neighbor. The person next door blared the tv at full volume and played music loudly at all hours of the day and night.

On our first day complaints to the front desk staff got nothing more than an "oh, we'll look into that". On the second day, I was told that I had not been the only one to complain. I asked about being moved to a different room and was told the hotel was booked solid and there were no other rooms. On the 3rd day after once again asking why wasn't this rude guest being dealt with, I got fed a story of them being hard of hearing. Later in the day a man from housekeeping came and delivered a paper bag with 3 cookies and a not from the manager saying they were sorry for the noise and hoped we enjoyed our stay. the guy had 4 other parcels like this he delivered to the rooms surrounding the noisy neighbor. To me that was a very lame way of handling things and the fact that management would allow 1 guest to make 5 other rooms of guest miserable is unacceptable.

Also the breakfast buffets during the week were dull - you had scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with parsley, scrambled eggs with cheese and more scrambled eggs as well as rock hard pastries and Kim Chi and rice. Very disappointing considering the reviews and how nice the hotel was other wise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you had some issues that inconvenienced you during your stay. I sincerely apologize if you experienced some noise coming from the room next door and if they were disruptive to you. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can follow-up with our team. In addition Our main priority is for the satisfaction of our guests and I assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.
Phila area
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were in the area due to the fact we were adopting our daughter. As such, we had the opportunity to use this hotel twice. And, we were there the second time for about 3 weeks. (We were able to contact the manager about a discount.)

The dinners were pretty good to great, they never repeated. And we had a newborn, so we surely appreciated it. The breakfasts were also very good. And the nightly happy hour was also much appreciated. Plus- lots of free cookies!

The staff were amazingly friendly and considerate. In fact, they were so pleased to hear our story they got together and gave us a lovely card and gift for our daughter. That was above and over the top. The maid staff asked us what cleaning products we would prefer and were considerate of the fact we had a baby.

Other positives- the pool was nice, warm, and quiet. (We were there in April.) Free papers. Good TV selection. The kitchen was very convenient. The bed was uber comfortable and very large and the linens were luxe. Man, I loved that bed!! The gardens were nice to walk around, and in fact you could use a grill on the back patio. having Walmart next door was convenient. We had some kind of issue at some point with one of our lights and we were given a gift card for the store for our troubles.

Our only minor semi-complaint was that (and we requested this for the courtesy of other guests) we were at the furthest point from the elevator on the top floor so the walk down to the lobby with a baby carrier was fairly time consuming. You might want to request a different area if this bothers you.

We stayed in the one bedroom. The living room wasn't overly spacious but big enough, the bedroom and bathroom were great. (As someone pointed out, the furniture was pretty big.) Then we stayed the other time, we stayed in one room and it was very very large and spacious. You could have a dance party in there. Ha. Just something to keep in mind when booking. I loved personally being able to close the door on the kitchen area when I slept or when my husband stayed up late with the baby.

Also, no one heard the baby through the walls, so that's good. And we didn't hear anyone either.

Finally- we saved TONS of money by being able to eat here! (Though not on the weekends, but by that point, we were ready for a variety.) It makes it an even better value.

I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Decent prices and it feels pretty upscale overall. I liked it so much, Homewood suites is now our "go to" hotel whenever possible.

Room Tip: It can be quite a walk if you are far from the back elevator (away from the lobby) to the dining ro...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family