“Great Hotel in Troy”

Homewood Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying here at the Homewood Suites Troy and enjoyed every minute of my stay. The great service started when I arrived earlier then I anticipated at the hotel (when I made my reservation I thought that I would be flying in late that day but actually flew in the previous day and thought that I would be checking in late but it turned out I arrived earlier) right around noon, there were rooms available and I was able to check in upon arrival.

I noticed right off the bat that the hotel was well kept and that the staff took pride in keeping the property clean. As a matter of fact, they had just started deep cleaning the suites the day I arrived (Sunday, Sep 30th) which was nice to see.

I had a single king bed suite and as usual it was quite roomy as I like the work area and my bed room separated from each other since it feels like I am in a apartment rather then a room. Enjoyed the free wireless internet and connecting was never an issue.

The hotel is located next to a small airport (no issue with noise from the small planes flying in and out), right in the middle of a business complex and next to a shopping center with a Walmart.

After checking in, I made a quick journey over to the Walmart to get some snacks and water (love the frig in the suite) to take back to the room. Located near many restaurants and with-in a 5 mile drive you can find pretty much every restaurant that you might desire. Oh, almost forgot, when you check in, the front desk agent will give you a list of the local restaurants, which helps one plan out their lunch and dinner.

Good selection of breakfast items and for the managers reception, which is held M-Th. I stayed here for 5 days and never experienced the same egg item twice. Breakfast staff were very friendly and helpful.

Overall, I had nothing but great interactions with the staff at the hotel and they always seemed to be in a good mood, and friendly and willing to share their knowledge of the local area. As a matter of fact, when I requested info about a soul food restaurant, the front desk agent and engineer on duty were more then happy to refer a great soul food restaurant to me. Sorry, I forgot their names but the front desk agent on duty used to live in New Mexico so she will know whom I am talking about. :)

I highly recommend this property to both the solo/business traveler and the family but only if you value a great price, a roomy suite and pretty much everything complimentary for you. You can't go wrong and you will your stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My issues with this hotel have nothing to do with the actual room, which was very clean and spacious. The staff was friendly, overall, and the lobby area is also nice. The problems is the lack of soundproofing between rooms (at least where I stayed). When I was in the room, I could hear the entire conversation next door without even trying, and I wasn't pressing my ear against the wall. Maybe it was just my room, but this was such an issue that I almost switched rooms. At least those people were quiet at night: if they were talking or had the TV on, I probably would not have been able to sleep. Beware...

Room Tip: Beware of paper thin walls!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 42492Escamillo
HomewoodSuitesTroy, General Manager at Homewood Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting the thin walls and squeaky floor issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our hotel. Thank you.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Great hotel. Great value for the price. If you book early, it's cheaper than most hotels in the area; you get a suite with a king bed and a small kitchen and living room area. Can't ask for more for that price. It's very clean and comfortable. It comes with a free breakfast that's pretty decent. Actually this is probably the best hotel I've ever been to that's less than $100/night. Great customer service. Nice, polite and friendly staff at the front desk.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I checked in to the homewood suites after leaving a horrible hotel 2minutes away from here. It was more than a relief to encounter the friendly and helpful front desk staff and to walk into a spacious and clean room. I stayed overnight as I prepared for the Detroit Zoo 10k and it was a wonderful experience and for the amenities and space it is a great value, I urge anyone to pick the homewood suites for their next stay in Tropy, you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: The king suite was spacious and nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've stayed at this Homewood Suites in Troy, Michigan many times over the past few years. Reasonably priced (in my opinion), has always been quite (except for the cleaning staff in the morning), accomodating staff, clean property, convenient location and a lot to do in the area. Of course, I will plan to stay again.

Room Tip: I've never had a problem in any of the rooms. I usually ask for top floor, away from elevators a...
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We are staying here for a week. I have only good things to say about this hotel. The staff is trained to help out, the breakfast was good, and there is free internet. We were happy with the rooms, as well.

The manager, Melissa, was very accommodating, and is to be highly commended for everything she does. Melissa and her staff made us truly feel at home. When visiting relatives in Southeast Michigan, this is the place we will stay!

1  Thank Travel L
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our family stayed here for two nights. We had a great time. The front desk was very nice and even provided me with free laundry soap since my son got car sick and his clothes needed to be washed unexpectedly. They greeted us each time we came and left.

The breakfast was great and they seemed to have some different options each morning.

The pool was nice and room was clean. The fitness area was pretty large compared to a few other hotels we've stayed in.

The only complaint I had was that a direct tv person wanted to come in and fix something (not sure what since the tv worked fine) but I told him to come back later and put up the 'privacy please' sign on our door. I don't think that anyone besides the maid needed to come in our room. Since we only stayed 2 nights I thought that sort of maintenance could be done after we left.

We had a great say and would recommed this hotel!