“Red Roof Inn Is a great place to stay.”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Deckerville
“Red Roof Inn Is a great place to stay.”
Reviewed February 9, 2010

I enjoyed staying at the Roof . It was a great place to stay. It was close to my work so i didn't have to travel in the bad weather we were having. As I live 94 miles from my work.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
waverider055
Reviewed February 8, 2010

The staff is friendly and helpful and location ideal for my needs. It is local to major shopping malls, restaurants, and local businesses. I recommend the Business King Suite for the room and amenities. Free Local and Long Distance service with Wi-Fi.
I have been coming to this location steadily for 6 months and always enjoy my stay.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Indiana
Reviewed February 5, 2010

i travel throughout the counrty exstensivelly, we as a company always look for the red roof inn. we have stayed at other inns when we could not find a red roof or when geographically was not available. We were excited when the general manager at the troy michigan was able to direct us to a corparate account status and we always stay at that inn even when we are working up to forty miles away.....thats a great way to keep our business we are grateful

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank reindeerman
Carolina PR
Reviewed August 15, 2008

My car was hit in the parking, in front of all hotel employees doing the laundry in the morning. No one saw anything, and the hotel said it wasn't their problem.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank rafeurbina
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I stayed here for one night after picking up a friend from the airport. We wanted to spend the next day shopping at Somerset Mall in Troy, but most hotels in the area are pretty pricey when all you're looking for is a clean bed. I found this property on Visa's website, which offers 10% off your stay when you pay with a Visa card (had to have a coupon code). It piqued my interest, even though I had avoided this chain in the past. I was pleased to see that this location was one of Red Roof' Inn's recently "Redesigned, Rededicated" properties, which meant new finishes (bedding, decor, etc.) in the room and a couple of small perks in the lobby, like free coffee and juice. That being said, this is still a low budget motel and some of the old fixtures remain, but you can't beat the price and this particular location is safe, quiet, and convenient. It's right off the freeway and within 1-2 miles of several good shopping and dining options including Somerset and Oakland malls. I have since stayed at other updated Red Roof Inn properties and I have been similarly impressed with my experiences.

• Liked — Clean, updated rooms. Great price!
  • Disliked — It's just the basics, but that didn't bother me!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled with friends
1 Thank veggiecar
northwest, Ohio
Reviewed February 21, 2008

It was a very good value and a good room. I had to be in Troy and Sterling Heights, Michigan, for meetings on 18-19 February 2008, and I didn't want to spend a lot of money for lodgings. The Red Roof Inn in Troy, Michigan cost $49 per night (plus tax). My room was clean, comfortable and surprisingly nicely decorated (bright paint, nice pictures on the wall, etc.). The room (a single) and the bathroom were small; but I was by myself, so it worked out. The heating unit worked very well, and I was not cold at all (even though it was very cold outside). The bed was comfortable; the shower worked, etc. One negative: there was no coffee maker in the room. You will have to get your coffee from one of the convenience stores nearby. (Hint: get a tall coffee the night before, so it will be there for you when you get up the next morning.) The hotel is close to the interstate, and it's within a 10 minute drive of the major offices, etc. in Troy and Sterling Heights. Also, the hotel is slightly set back from the main road, so it was *quiet.* The tv was ok, with the standard channels. There is a very good steakhouse next door. You can get a coupon for it at the hotel's front desk. I had the "steak neil" -- which was *delicious* and enough food for a hungry man's appetite. Overall, the Red Roof Inn was just right for my needs and my budget, and I am glad to recommend it.

-- John

• Stayed February 2008
1 Thank johng3110
Southwestern Michigan
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I decided to save a few bucks on a recent business trip to Troy, MI. I found this property using Expedia and Trip Advisor the day of my stay. I was a little leery about staying based on my discoveries therein.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the property. The area was clean and pleasant. The staff was friendly and helpful. I was also pleased to see rooms for $40.00 as opposed to the $48.00 I saw on the Internet.

The room itself was virtually immaculate. It was quiet and pleasantly appointed. The bed was comfortable and everything was clean.

I've stayed at motels and hotels with as few or as many stars as folks care to give them. This, of course, was not the nicest of them all. However, I paid FORTY DOLLARS, so I was able to live with that.

Based on my experience, you can rest assured that this is an exceptional value. You can stay at the Holiday Inn right around the corner for A HUNDRED DOLLARS MORE, but if you just need a place to get a good night's sleep, stay here.

• Liked — Value
  • Disliked — No bar or pool
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled on business