“Excellent Front Desk Staff”

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We atayed there friday night, for 1 day.......
The room, though a Big King size bed, was a little small, but, it was spotless clean, and the front desk staff, was extraordinary.....They were courteous, and made every effort to make our stay, as comfortable & pleasant as possible.....

Thanks red roof inn.....
KK

Room Tip: ask to see the room, before you check in....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank scorpy11
Mercedes P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

My team and I would like to personally thank you for the kind words. I have shared this with my entire staff and it's comments like these that makes them feel they are really making a difference. They take pride in their work and are committed to making sure everyone feels comfortable when staying at our hotel. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Really, you can't ask for a better experience for the cost. The hotel has also had some recent renovations and our room had new carpet, paint and artwork. It was the second time staying here and both experiences have been very satisfactory. There are dining options near by and it is also very close to the freeway. Room was fairly clean, no signs of bugs or other issues. I will say that it's not worth the effort to mess with the in room coffee (it's gross) but otherwise, a good experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KrisVonD
mparra21, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the great review! However, I was dissapointed in reading your comment in regards to the in-room coffee. We always welcome feedback and I will share this with my staff and make it a point of addressing this with my housekeeping staff in particular to ensure this does not happen again. We take pride in providing all our guests with a quality clean room and wonderful ameneties. Please accept my sincerest apology for not meeting your expectation on the in-room coffee.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here a year and a half ago and there was an issue with housekeeping cleanliness (January 2012). This time, everything was just right (everything was clean). Now I can give a recommendation for this Red Roof Inn location. 100% satisfaction.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank flintjarvis

Thank you for sharing with us and with the other viewers on the positive changes we have made since your last visit. I am very pleased that you were completely satisfied with the cleanliness of your room. We have just completed our renovation and are always continously working hard in making sure everyone has a positive experience when staying at our hotel, along with receiving superior service. We look forward to your return visit in the near future and don't forget to stop by the office so i can personally thank you for your business!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Located near many food and shopping areas. If there is any problems the GM, Mercedes, is always willing to help get matters solved. The rooms are clean and newly remodelled. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Really is a great place to stay. Thanks for being so helpful and taking the time to make sure I have a great stay

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank dlindsay22
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We chose this hotel because it was the closest to the wedding reception we were attending.
The room was clean, the bed was comfortable but the REAL surprise was the staff!!!!

Every request was met with a pleasant response.
LISA ALMOND even closed the office for a few minutes to personally show me where I needed to go for ice.

We typically stay at much pricier hotels so I was very pleased with the room, and the STAFF.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank tmt14
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

My dog got to stay free which is great for me. There were noticeable updates which is good. Carpet was stained..but overall my stay here was okay...i would most likely choose the one closer to my parents next time. Just so that i will be closer.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank trf513
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

This was a last minute hotel choice, and we didnt expect much. The rooms have been renovated and they are currently working on the remainder of the hotel. The dbl rooms are small, but for what you pay, this the hotel does the job. Clean rooms, free wifi and not in a bad area....Props go out to manager Mercedes for going the extra mile during our stay. Because of the renovations, contractors took up a good portion of the parking lot leaving no place for us to park our truck and trailer. Mercedes was nice enough to ask another regular guest(that she knew would help) to move his vehicle so we could park. That's how customer service should be and def a reason to come back. ;)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank aggator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Troy
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit North - Troy
Red Roof Inn Detroit Madison Heights

Been to Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy? Share your experiences!