“Warning: under new management” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy

Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Grand Haven
“Warning: under new management”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2012

I've stayed at this location for 2-3/month for several years. Must be new owners and/or management. I stayed there 5/10/12 and the lack of professionalizm astounded me! The young clerk was sitting on the counter (until he saw me walk up) talking with 2 other employees (one eating her dinner) sitting in the only 2 chairs in the lobby dicussing work schedules! I was using a "free" night certificate, but the young man (who left his shoes sitting on the desk!) couldn't seem to find my reservation (I'm sure they didn't want to take the certifcate) until I told him I had my confirmation # if that would help him. He suddenly found my reservation. Still an ok place to stay, but beware I have the feeling it will be going downhill soon (I've seen it too many times before). Happy, safe travels to all.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Joan R
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, May 28, 2012
We appreciate your honest feedback. Constructive criticism is a critical part of growth and we welcome both the positive and negative feedback of our valued guests. Simply put . . . . it makes us better. As is the case with any progressive organization, training is key. Your feedback has assisted us in addressing key elements in our training program, allowed us to identify and address this issue, as well as put processes in place so that instances such as the ones you addressed do not reoccur. We thank you, and hope that you will give us another opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to providing the ultimate in guest satisfaction.

Greg Mahone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

They had a good rate, but that was all. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ohiobill2250
Greg M, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Though we always strive to make each guest stay a perfect one, it is apparent that yours was less than that. Though negative feedback is not pleasant, it allows us the opportunity to identify needed issues and to aggressively address. We will whole-heartedly do so in this case and ensure that your concerns are adequately addressed in our effort to improve our services to you and all of our valued guests.

Flint, mi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

This hotel got it 95% right. Too bad the 5% they got wrong ruined what would otherwise have been a good night's stay. Apparently, housekeeping forgot to change the sheets in my bed (either that, or housekeeping needs to wear a hairnet). There were dark hairs on both sides of the bedsheet, and it was itchy, not fresh. It was too late and I was settled in too much before I noticed this problem. My advice: check the beds here as soon as you check in, to avoid a ruined night. I took a looong shower the next morning to relieve the dirty feeling I felt. This was in one of the basic no-frills rooms with no fridge, microwave or coffeemaker. This was one of the worst priceline rooms I've stayed in, and in the future, I would not bid below 3 stars for this area.

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank flintjarvis
We sincerely apologize for your experience. Though we are happy that we acheved 95% of your guest satisfaction, we are saddened that we missed the remaining 5%. We are dedicated in our ongoing efforts to improve our services and reduce service issues. Thank you again for your valuable feedback.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2011

Over the past 3 years, I stayed few times at this location. When you get the Superior King, you get a nice room with everything, fridge/ microwave & big desk, however, be ware that if you use the safe, then you will be charged extra. You have to ask for the dryer or other items at the front desk.
Also, if you book online, make sure the price you paid online matches the bill you get from this location. Few times when I booked a non-smoking room, they give me a smoking room, or non-smoking but smells!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

We had a terrible experience with a certain hotel just down the road from the Red Roof Inn (*cough* Quality Inn *cough*). They had made our reservation for the wrong day so when we showed up to check into our hotel prior to our Friday night festivities, we had no room.

Luckily the Red Roof Inn was close by. We hurried into the lobby and were helped immediately by Monica. She was cordial, friendly, and very helpful! She found us a room right away, and got us a great deal using my AAA membership (a superior king room was only $10 more than the basic room). We paid a great price for our room. It was spacious and very clean!! and had a small refrigerator, coffee pot, microwave, safe... the only thing missing was the iron/ironing board.

The rooms must have been recently renovated because the carpet, flooring, bed, furnishings, and decor all looked new.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay, the service, and the value. The location was a little off the beaten path, but it was a nice quiet area and still very close to all of the attractions (restaurants, shopping, etc.) in Troy.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mostin8
Brownstown Township, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I can't say enough good about my stay at the Red Roof Inn in Troy, Michigan! I travel frequently and had never tried the Red Roof Inn. Check-in was fast and easy. Monica, was great. She was pleasant, friendly, and made me feel right at home, She did a great job of covering all the details without a long, boring production. I swear, there wasn't one question she couldn't answer. I needed some paper plates, plastic spoons and napkins. Guess what - she had some. Needed to know where the nearest gas station and restaurants were - she made some excellent recommendations. The lobby was clean and inviting as well as the room. On top of all of this, the room was a great value. I will be returning to this area quite frequently over the next several months and am happy to know where i will be staying. Thank you Monica for everything and looking forward to seeing you again soon!.

Bernie

Room Tip: I don't think you could choose a bad room at this facility.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Milton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Staff friendly, location convenient, pets welcome, rooms comfortable. Choose the Superior King room to enjoy a larger room that includes a fridge and microwave.

Room Tip: book online through the red roof inn website for the best rates
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo