“Worst place for corporate events”
Review of The Met Troy

and 1 more site!
The Met Troy
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Farmington, Michigan
“Worst place for corporate events”
Reviewed September 27, 2010

We just held a 500 people event at this hotel and the service was terrible. The food was late and cold, waiters and waitresses showed little interest in helping guests, and acted as if they were in a hurry to leave. They would pick up plates before guests finished eating, and would take the knives away when the meat had not yet been served. After guests would come back to their tables after dancing, the water pitchers were gone! The set up was terrible, and the people in charge at the hotel were nowhere in sight. Bad experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Hope022
pdiponio, Director of Sales at The Met Troy, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
I regret that you had such an unfortunate time at the event held at The MET Hotel. I personally met with the planners for the event who all expressed how great everything was. The Chef was even asked to come into the room after the meal was served to be thanked. I wish you would have let us know at the time what issues you had – we could and would have corrected them immediately. As always, we welcome comments good and bad so that we continue what we are doing right and improve on what we are not.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 24, 2010

50 night a year biz traveller says this is a fleabag hotel in disguise. Management was non-existent, employees bad mouthing owner, place was filthy. Great location but this place is a tear down.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank brobertb
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on our property. I am disappointed that you felt the way in which you did about our property. We are under new ownership and are making changes as we speak. I am proud of the hotel in which I work and the amazing team I get to work with. We will continue to strive to be the BEST!

Travelers are raving about these Troy hotels

Naples, Florida
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Stayed at The Met in Troy. Formerly a Hilton.
Nic elarge suite type rooms, updated facilites, friendly staff.
Has a great fish restaurant attached - Charley's Crab.
Right off I-75. Easy to get to anywhere around metro-Detroit.
Reasonably priced.
A great surprise & vqalue!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Orange Beach, Alabama
Reviewed September 5, 2010

This was my first booking with Hotels.com. I read the reviews and they were mixed, however it did state that the hotel had been recently renovated and so I was willing to give it a chance. This was a mistake. I arrived after dark , in the rain, after a number of airline flight delays. So in fairness, I was tired, wet and looking forward to a comfortable room. The parking lot was dark, basically unlit. There were only 2 or 3 cars in the parking lot, and the hotel looked deserted except for the lobby of the hotel. I don't guess there were more than 5 guests in the hotel. The main floor, however, was clean and attractive, so I was a little reassured by that. Unfortunately, I was not placed in one of the renovated rooms. The second floor room I was put into was dirty, stained carpeting, patched wallpaper, and a gross 70's motel style gritty bathroom. I then went down to the lobby and explained that while I didn't expect much for my $85. rate, but that I was willing to pay a little more for a room that was "a little nicer?" It was explained that all the rooms in this hotel were the same. When I inquired about the 'renovated rooms' that had been mentioned, he explained that some of the rooms on the third floor had been freshened up - i.e. broken items replaced, new beds...but the same basic room. I asked to see one of them. He was very agreeable, then wished me 'good luck'. The 3rd floor room was slightly better in that it was cleaner. I called Hotels.com that night to inquire about a cancellation on my reservation. I was willing to stay for that night, because I was road weary and just plain exhausted. Hotels.com agreed to refund my 2nd and 3rd nights reservations. The best part of this is - I called the Embassy Suites in Troy which was only a half block away. They booked me a room for the next night for only $10 more than The Met ( $99.) My room at Embassy Suites was exquisite and included a free breakfast. The point of all this? Don't 'settle' for a cheap nasty hotel room. With a little looking around, you can stay in a great place at a great rate. .

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank lilmidge
pdiponio, Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, September 20, 2010
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for your recent unpleasant stay with us and the events leading up to your arrival at our hotel. Without customer feedback we can not make the corrections and changes that we need to make to insure that every customer leaves with a positive experience. As we continue to improve our facility, we look forward to both good and bad responses so that we can continue the things that are great and improve where we may be lacking. We continue to upgrade the hotel (i.e. new amenity line, Wolf Gang Puck coffee in guest rooms, upgraded bedding). We pride ourselves in having some of the largest and cleanest guest rooms in the area. I do hope that at some point you will allow us a chance to show you the standards and exemplary customer service we are know for at The MET Hotel.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed June 1, 2010

I'm here right now, the room is great, furnished nicely, unfortunately they have old style T.V.'s ... c'mon, everyone has flat screens now! (The first room we were in had a flood in the bathroom so we switched rooms) I especially love the comfort of the bed, and having a balcony (which hardly exist in Michigan hotels). The bathroom is very small compared to the size of the room. Also there is not enough furniture and seating for the size of the room. The drawers in the furniture are filled with crumbs from previous clients. No mini fridge or microwave, which is lame if you want to bring left overs home for the next day. The coffee in the room is horrible, and the liquid cream is sitting out (who knows for how long). Friendly staff, and hotel is generally well maintained. Don't take the side elevator, next to stairwell #4, the plywood in the bottom of the elevator is deteriorating and I felt like I was going to fall through it. (it makes lots of noise when you stand on the rotting plywood). This hotel is far from restaurants, fast food, and pharmacies, no pizza joints deliver here. (It does have 2 restaurants here, however, last night one was closed and the other one with the bar was totally dead, not a soul inside) It's a peaceful place in the middle of all the office buildings in Troy. I'm assuming this would be a great place for a wedding, or parties. It does have a indoor heated pool, fitness center and sauna. The pool connects to a patio outside. I would probably stay here again. They just need the simple upgrades. Otherwise carpet throughout hotel is brand new.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank kramerica21
mrmccarthy3, Manager at The Met Troy, responded to this review, August 19, 2010
We thank for choosing The MET Hotel while staying in Detroit. Your feedback is very important to us. We are in the process of updating our hotel and guest ammenties. Flat screen televisions are on the list!

We hope to see you again when you are in town!
Sterling Heights
Reviewed March 2, 2010

Check-in was easy, the room was clean and ready.
I especially liked the workout room and heated pool.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
Reviewed February 21, 2010

It took 50 minutes waiting in line in order to check into our room. When I complained about the wait--instead of apologizing, he said that was a typical wait for checking into a hotel--which is a lie. I never had to wait more than 5 minutes in the past few years with the previous management when I went to other conventions held there. The hallways smelled like sewage at certain points. There was stuff stuck to the ceiling and debris on the floor from the previous residents that was never taken care of while we were there. The cleaning staff did not finish making our bed--but left the comforter wadded on the floor. Other friends staying in the hotel were only given one towel the second night-- for three people.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business