“OK, but getting long in the tooth”
Review of The Met Troy

and 1 more site!
The Met Troy
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Saint Louis MO
“OK, but getting long in the tooth”
Reviewed May 24, 2013

Used to stay here when it was the Northfield Hilton. First time back in 15 years. It has sunk a long way since then. My room was clean. WiFi was spotty. Cable tv was poor. in Detroit suburbs and i couldn't get the Red Wings/Blachhawks game on tv. Did not visit the restaurant or the bar. For the Th, Fri & Sat night stay, it appeared that there were only about 10 other guests in the entire place. Clearly this property needs some new life (and investment) breathed into it

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Allen Park, Michigan
Reviewed May 20, 2013

just finished a 5 day stay.....not a bad place for the price BUT....many improvements needed. For starters, the continental breakfast is a joke...It is a carb feast and if you come down 30 minutes before it ends, there is barely anything left. They don't make it appetizing or even appealing to the eye. The grounds are full of weeds, which is a shame because it could be a beautiful place. On the 2nd floor, coming out of the elevator, is a mildew smell that never went away. The room, however wasn't bad...comfortable bed and a small, clean bathroom. Housekeeping needs some improvement....room wasn't cleaned until well after 3pm and I only had 2 towels and one day, the plastic glasses weren't replaced and I didn't have a bathmat. I know this review doesn't sound good but the improvements needed are easy to fix. I am not sure I would stay here again but like I said, "Not bad for the price"

Room Tip: I got this hotel by booking on hotwire.com, so it was chosen for me....This is supposed to be a 3 st...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pros:

Close to the high way
free continental breakfast
free wifi access
indoor pool
fitness room
Close to restaurants
55 a night though orbitz.com

Con:

Very slow internet
Room could have been cleaner

Overall the room was fine. I didn't mind that the hotel was pretty empty. There are tons of hotels in Troy due to all the headquarters. They're not all going to be backed all the time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Lake Orion, Michigan
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Went there for an event and saw the GM smoking in the lobby area, which the hotel is supposed to be non smoking. He was having a conversation about another company who was having a meeting at the same hotel and he was cursing about having the company there, not very professional to do that out in public where other guests can hear your conversation.
He should set the standard for his staff and the quality of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Troy hotels

Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

At check-in I had trouble speaking with the front desk due to employees virtually yelling to each other right beside me.
The bed was decent. I'll give them that.
Upon waking I went to wash my face in cold water - none! Both sides of the faucet were hot water. When I couldn't find the coffee pot I tried to call the front desk, but the in-room phone wouldn't call it. I used my cell phone to call and was told there was no room in-room coffee.
I asked how to get cold water and was told to use the lobby restroom.
No microwave. No refrigerator.
At least I would get a hot shower. Wrong! The shower wasn't as hot as the faucet.
Putting this place on my 'try to avoid' list.

• Stayed April 2013
3 Thank PaladinHammond
Three Rivers, Michigan
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went through hotel.com to stay at this hotel. After leaving on Sunday, I saw that I had charges pending on my account, when it posted I called them and let them know that my account has been charged and talked to manager, and he said he would call me back and never called me back. When I called back the following day, he wasn't there and the person answering the phone told me to call back in an hour! I'm just going to go through my bank and file a dispute, but the simple fact the manager didn't call me back! Issue now will take 30 days! Never Again will I stay there!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank ShalaMarie
Auburn, Michigan
Reviewed March 23, 2013

WAs with large group of PARROT HEAD get together. First was given door keys 2 times. As was with many from the group. One particular room had to have holes drilled in the door, because even management could'nt get in after they put things in room. They were told to get their things together and had to move to another room. Again the next day, it happened to the room they were transferred to. They were told to get their things together and move to another room Not once did they help them move their things. They said they were not going to pay for their room, the manager informed them they would pay and did'nt even take anything off their bill. My room the toilet took forever to fill. Was told st 8:00p.m. it would be fixed. When returned to my room at midnight it wss not fixed. Had to go all around the hotel to try and find someone. No one could be found at the front desk and no one would answer the phone. Finally one hour later, my toilet was fixed by a not real nice guy. Saturday at about 2:30 am the fire alarms went off and it took 35 minutes for someone to shut it off. When I checked in, I paid for one night in cash and wanted one night put on my charge. I kept asking the clerk about this and he said he had to run my card snd I could pay half of the total. I asked if he was sure he only put one noght on my charge and he said everything was rigjt. Well, I got my credit card bill, I was charged for two nights. Have been calling the Met, but am always told no one is there to take it off my bill. I will never return

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends