“A special dining experience”

Tre Monti Ristorante
Ranked #172 of 285 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Big Beaver between Rochester & John R
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Even on Valentines Day weekend, the service and ambiance of Tre Monti was wonderful. The food is on the higher side but I feel most of it was worth the price. The one thing I want to mention is that this is not a typical American dining experience. A four to five course dinner will take at least three hours (a more Eurpoean style of eating)....

Reviewed February 15, 2014

I am not one to shy away from high prices when I dine, but if I am going to spend $50-70 per person on a meal I expect something truly special. Tre Monti's ambience is certainly special, but the rest of the dining experience just does not add up. My wife and I both had the veal saltimbocca, which was good, but not exceptional. For $30 with salad/soup/pasta extra, I would like exceptional. The servers meant well, but kept missing the mark. Tre Monti's approach to bread would have been a good scene from a show like Seinfeld. You get one piece at a time, and often have to wait a couple of minutes to get the bread after asking (one time, it never came). Portion sizes were on the small side, but not so small that one is left hungry. However, you will definitely have to compliment your entree with a soup, salad, appetizer, or pasta side at $10-20 extra to be "full" if you are a typical male diner.

2  Thank jongable
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Just named restaurant of the year by Hour Magazine
So we went to try it out
The food was good, the veal chop was excellent, the calamari was pedestrian
But everything was way over priced
I will not be back

1  Thank jmdskyline
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We just had a party with 35 guests at TreMonti, food, service and atmosphere was excellent! I really enjoyed the veal served on spinach in puff pastry, excellent. Everyone in our. Party enjoyed their selection as well. Great place for great meal!

1  Thank Rik D
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Driving to this Restaurant of the Year (2012) awarded venue, we expected an exciting meal. Our first impression of the massive faux castle exterior was "What? Are we in New Jersey?" Tony Soprano would have felt comfortable. Inside there was a welcome fire burning in the front room and a large dining room beyond with tables well spaced. We elected to try four primi as starters. The zuppa de vongole was spicy and assertive, the lasagne verde Bolongese melted in your mouth, but the strozziopeli and veal/spinach crespeli were disappointing. My branzino with basil oil was perfectly moist and well executed but nothing spectacular. One of our party raved about the salmon done rare with a honey glaze and the scallopini was pronounced very good. Perhaps the best main was a veal chop and it WAS spectacular. Dessert was ordinary and a disappointment.

2  Thank KaryL

Been to Tre Monti Ristorante? Share your experiences!