“Perfect Anniversary Dinner!”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 282 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best in Troy” by the Troy Chamber of Commerce and “Best Seafood” by Ambassador magazine, OCEAN PRIME Troy delivers an extraordinary dining experience to guests. Located at the intersection of Big Beaver Road and Coolidge Highway across from the Somerset Collection shopping center, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails, a power lunch or an indulgent dinner. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Troy an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I both ordered our fillets medium rare and were well seasoned and cooked to perfection! Because the menus items are ala carte, some of the garnish items are rather large for an individual serving. We shared the asparagus and jalapeño potatoes. I can't recall if they were scalloped or mashed, but they were positively divine! We also decided to indulge in dessert, and opted for the lemon blueberry cheesecake. So decadent! Be prepared to spend a minimum of $150 without cocktails or wine. However, the ambience is lovely and the service was fantastic!

1  Thank VBliz77

Reviewed July 15, 2014

Their happy hour prices for drinks and appetizers are good. Dinner gets a bit pricey. For large groups during happy hour, service can be slowed. Outside seating area is fantastic.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Overall wonderful experience. Sean our server was fantastic and helped us pick out our entire meal plan. Ask for him.
Oysters are great, fish for my wife and surf and turf for me - everything was perfect.
Great wine selection as well.
Definitely on our favourite list and will return.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday night. We usually eat here to treat ourselves because it is pricey. It has been a while since our last visit, this visit was not up to par. We booked our reservation through open table (first mistake). We were sat in the worst seats in the restaurant. Menus are now on tablets, which are interactive. The prices have gone up(probably to pay for the tablets). I ordered the halibut which is what I normally get when i eat here. It arrived lukewarm, all other items were very good and hot. Stoli doli's in the bar are way too expensive as well(didn't ask before ordering) but perhaps mentioning that it is $15.50 for one would be a good idea. Overall expect to spend $250 for 2 people with 2 drinks each and dinner with sides and no dessert or coffee. Won't be back.

2  Thank M R
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Overall our experience at Ocean Prime was great. Not to lessen my love for everything else, but my favorite thing was actually my salad, Chop-Chop Salad (I think) and of of course delicious fish. This time it was Sea Bass. We'll definitely go back.