“Good Food, Poor Customer Service”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 298 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best in Troy” by the Troy Chamber of Commerce and “Best Seafood” by Ambassador magazine, OCEAN PRIME Troy delivers an extraordinary dining experience to guests. Located at the intersection of Big Beaver Road and Coolidge Highway across from the Somerset Collection shopping center, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails, a power lunch or an indulgent dinner. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Troy an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

We eat at ocean prime twice a year and the food is generally good. Last week, I took a couple friends and racked up a bill of almost $400. I planned on paying a portion of the bill with a gift card from my sister, but forgot to bring the gift card. Instead, I paid for the entire bill on my American Express.

Yesterday, I went back to the restaurant to apply the gift card to the bill but was first told that they do not do this. I asked to see the manager and was told I would need to wait 10 minutes. When the manager, Greg Sage finally appeared, he was not willing to apply the gift card first citing they did not know how to do it. When finally pressed, he told me he was not willing to do this - not even for customer satisfaction reasons.

Ocean Prime serves good food but appears to lost sight to the every day customers, valuing profit and convenience over customer satisfaction.

2  Thank mcmatt2014

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have dined here numerous times and the food and service are always outstanding...never disappointed with anything.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Excellent food, service and atmosphere. Both the seafood and filet were delicious and done perfectly. The service by the waiter and assistants was impecable.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

I only stopped in for a drink. The service was very good. I was served delicious popcorn with my drink. But it was an expensive drink - double what you would pay at most establishments.

1  Thank Suegxp
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Went to dinner this past weekend, just before Christmas. 2 grandparents, the 2 parents and a 21/2 and 8 month old. Due to the young ones and knowing this is a nice place, we made sure we had reservations and 2 high chairs. They made sure we were in a seating area so as not to disturb other dinners and and the have a basket of toys for the kids along with other items to help keep them occupied. This is why we choose to dine here, a superb meal, kid friendly and wonderful staff.

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!