“2nd Time As good as the First”
Review of Ocean Prime

Ocean Prime
Reserve with OpenTable
Ocean Prime is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 276 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Big Beaver
Description: OCEAN PRIME is a modern American restaurant and lounge from renowned restaurateur Cameron Mitchell. Voted “Best in Troy” by the Troy Chamber of Commerce and “Best Seafood” by Ambassador magazine, OCEAN PRIME Troy delivers an extraordinary dining experience to guests. Located at the intersection of Big Beaver Road and Coolidge Highway across from the Somerset Collection shopping center, it’s the perfect choice for cocktails, a power lunch or an indulgent dinner. Stunning settings and a vibrant energy, an impressive menu of seafood and prime cuts of steak, signature cocktails, a Wine Spectator-honored wine list and truly genuine hospitality make OCEAN PRIME Troy an ideal place to socialize, talk business, celebrate and indulge.
Birmingham, Michigan
“2nd Time As good as the First”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Celebrated a birthday last evening and this is the second time at OP. On Sundays all bottles of wine are half off. The salads were good, although a bit small for the price. Service was very good and allowed us a leisurely meal. Both had steak- bone in filet and ribeye and cooked to order and very delicious. Enjoyed the Jalapeno au gratins, but couldn't taste the kick. sides of spinach was very flavorable. Offered a free desert and we picked the BUTTER CAKE that was not on the menu. I am not usually a desert eater, but this was the BEST CAKE I ever had. Wow! You will not be disappointed at Ocean Prime.

• Visited September 2013

Troy, MI
“Service and Staff were just awful”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

The waitstaff and front desk were just awful. We were dining with two other couples. We made a reservation months in advance and still had to wait almost 45 minutes for a table. When we got our table, the waiter took our drink order but it was another 40 minutes to get our drinks. I am not exaggerating, it really took that long to get our drinks. One couple we were dining with had a gift certificate for Ocean Prime because their last experience was just as horrible. No apology for the wait either. It was a beautiful night and we had a table outside, I would have been very happy to wait for our food if we had a drink in our hands. When I needed to use the restroom, as I walked through the lobby, the hostess (or whatever you call them these days) was rearranging her bra in the lobby mirror, not even flinching for a moment that she was no longer alone - so tacky for an upscale restaurant. On my way out of the restroom, she was fixing her lipstick. And then to top it off, as I was going through the door to go to our table outside, the waiter directly in front of me saw that I was behind him, even acknowledging me with a nod, but then still let the door slam in my face. Where were his manners? To me, that is just simply unacceptable. Our waiter really stunk, wished I would have remembered his name. Capital Grille is still the best in the area for service.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Regina0194
“Pricey but worth it!”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Not too close to home so we do special occasions here. The food is fantastic and the service is top notch. Wine choice is very extensive.

• Visited March 2013
Canton, Michigan
“Awesome, every time!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have been celebrating our birthdays and anniversaries here for a few years now. Yesterday was another fantastic evening which started with the happy hour on the Patio. Kobe beef sliders and fish tacos were GREAT, and the Path Pinot was decent.

Then we moved indoors and had a very nice, central booth for our dinner. Teriyaki salmon and sea scallops with their signature potatoes were simply amazing and paired really well with the 2007 Chateauneuf du Pape. Our waiter was really good and very interested in making our experience memorable. He really did make a difference! The evening ended with the delectable Baked Alaska.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Shawnee40_13
“Great good, even better dessert”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I come to ocean prime for all special occasions and am never disappointed. Good calamari steak and tried the new butter cake and was amazed by it, kudos to the pastry chef

• Visited August 2013

Been to Ocean Prime? Share your experiences!