“nice change of pace downriver”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tv's Deli & Diner

Tv's Deli & Diner
Ranked #4 of 57 Restaurants in Trenton
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen, Diner, Soups
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
michigan
“nice change of pace downriver”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012

they do a really nice job with the eggs benedict choices, breakfast potatoes are really good

Visited March 2012

Trenton, Michigan
“Hair in my food twice in the same meal.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

One visit, there was a hair baked into the topping of my bread and then a completely different hair mixed into the mashed potatoes. Disgusting! The food is mediocre at best, except the cheesecake. Made in house I believe and it was very good.

Ann Arbor, Michigan
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Greasy and Cold”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Tv's Deli put too much effort in to being a "greasy spoon" diner. I'd never go back and would not recommend this diner.

Visited November 2011
Detroit, Michigan
“Excellent food, reasonable prices and great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

First time eating here, and we'll definitely go back. Excellent Chicken Paprikash and Chicken with Dumplings. Good Saganaki with a different flavor and fried green beans with dill dip. The service was excellent too. The hot chocolate (served in a soup mug) was good.

• Visited November 2011
Michigan
“Service so bad, it was almost comical.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2011

It's a shame to watch this restaurant decline as the years go by. I was a big fan when it opened, and would suggest it as a Sunday lunch place to family and friends. I'm not sure if the management or ownership has changed, but the past several times we've been there have been very disappointing, culminating in a downright TERRIBLE experience there a few weeks ago. I guess to be fair to the restaurant, what made our experience so bad was our waitress. The food was only so-so.

For starters, our waitress had no idea what the soups were and didn't feel like going to check. Really....she said, "Do you really need me to go and check what the soups are or do you just want to give me an idea of what you like and I'll pick one for you when I get back there?" I explicitly told her that she could pick but I wanted a soup without meat in it. Drumroll, please....she brought me beef barley soup with giant hunks of gristly fatty beef in it. She seemed very indifferent to our table and, when we weren't being actively ignored, we got the put out attitude from her if we so much as asked a question. One person at our table can't eat red meat or cheese or fries, and he ordered a chicken sandwich without the bacon and cheese on it and with a salad instead of fries. Of course, the sandwich came WITH bacon, cheese and fries. When he tried to send it back, our waitress told him just to scrape the bacon and cheese off. When I tried to order a cookie for my son for dessert, she couldn't tell us what kind of cookies they had and just told me to tell her what he likes so she wouldn't have to make the trip back to find out what they actually had (sound familiar?). I said, "Well, he likes sugar cookies." To which she replied, exasperated, "Well we don't have THOSE." It was ridiculous. She was actually just too lazy and unwilling to see what they had. And so an and so forth.

We didn't complain to the manager because we were with a dear old friend who we hadn't seen in a long time and didn't want to sully the experience with any negativity on our part. But the service was utterly abyssmal; unacceptable. Unfortunately, the food did not even come close to redeeming the experience for us. Too bad, but we will not be coming back here.

• Visited April 2011