“Downriver delight”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very modest atmosphere and location. The food is a real treat. This is one of our staple restaurants. Outstanding food and great service. Try the Cajun cedar plank salmon! We have had everything on the menu. You will not be disappointed

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We love Cafe West! The service is usually very good. Megan is our favorite server. The fish dip appetizer is really good, as are the salmon caesar salads, & fish tacos. Their fish entrees are great & the conch chowder is so yummy. The red sangria is wonderful! My only negative is that some of their offerings are priced a bit high. For example, the salmon caesar salad, which IS very good is $17. It would be nice to get a cup of soup with that. Other than that, I have no comaplaints. We also really like their new outdoor seating space!

1  Thank msuj98
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Though it looks a little dated on the exterior, the interior is incredibly nice and up-to-date. A very nice place for a date with tasty food and very friendly service.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

Husband and I went on a Thursday night and were surprised at how busy it was. Nevertheless, we were seated right away and then opted to move to the smoke-free patio, which was a good decision. Enjoyed a beautiful evening with very good food. We ordered two appetizers, the crab cakes and the conch fritters, and both were excellent. Husband had the conch chowder and loved it, and I really liked the Bourbon Street salmon entree that I ordered. It is definitely pricey, but it's seafood! If it were cheap, I'd be worried about what I was really eating. All of the staff was very attentive, with other servers that were not ours still looking out for us and offering help. We'd definitely recommend it, and will definitely return.

1  Thank Lori48192
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We have had decent food there in the past and didn't want to drive far so we opted for Cafe West. Unfortunately, the dinners were not good. The conch chowder was really really good, and we shared a cup. I ordered deep fried scallops with cocktail sauce. The breading was thick and heavy, the scallops were mush.I even dissected the ones I left on my plate. If they looked firm, I was sorely disappointed. The cocktail sauce was runny and lacked oomph. The potatoes were presented in huge chunks and were overcooked and barely seasoned, and unfortunately the bread wasn't anything special. My husband LOVES calamari...he's had much better at local bars. Hopefully, the owners were on vacation and the food will be better in the future.

1  Thank retired04Michigan