Fratello's
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just ok for higher end restaurant. Arrived sunday evening with party of four. We experienced polite host and then slow service to get a drink, wine list. Slow service continued throughout dinner. Wrong dinner brought, ordered veal piccata but received v eal marsala instead. Three others had prime rib and chicken marsala which they said was ok. My veal piccata arrived and I was very dissapointed in the veal being tough and tasted like pork and bland

Reviewed November 16, 2012

I'd been here a few times on dates and my family was positively thrilled to work with their family to plan my wedding reception. My photographers were also thrilled, as they were both finishing their portfolios for their visual arts degrees. Their normal decor is in dark woods, rich colors and has a distinct Old World charm.

Our reception coordinator, the owner's daughter, was incredibly knowledgeable and helped us avoid some big issues for our wedding luncheon. And to top it all off, we needed no additional decorations for the reception, as the restaurant is already *beautiful* and since the wedding was on New Year's Eve, all of their extremely classy Christmas decor was still up.

My guest list got a little out of hand and most ended up coming, so they ended seating walk-ins in the banquet room while we got the floor, seating the wedding party in front of the (cozy!) gorgeous marble fireplace. The wedding party, relatives and guests (125, I think) were all extremely impressed with the quality of the food and service. I highly recommend them for receptions and banquets, you get a lot of food for a very reasonable price.

My husband and I come here on special occasions, the latest was Valentine's Day. They often have a limited menu on holidays (and let you know when you make reservations), but it has all our favorites on it. I'm actually really grateful for the limited menu, because even though they were incredibly busy, we don't have to wait long for our food!

The bottom line? I'd say this is one of the nicest places Downriver, a great place for a dressy date -- with really reasonable prices for such a nice place!

Amazing entrees: Eggplant Lasagna (Grandmother's secret recipe), Steak Siciliano, Chicken Parmigiana.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We recently attended this resturant and we as a family were treated awful. Any complaint was made to seem like it was our problem. The waitress rolled her eyes at every request that might take a minute longer than she liked. When we addressed the problem with managment they held the door open for us to leave. They treated my Grandmother like she was a small child they were just going to dismiss. And my husband who is a disabled Vet was treated no better than she was. If you care about service and your family, do not attend this facility.

1  Thank Kristine J
Reviewed March 23, 2012

We're never disappointed. Service is excellent. Food is very good. Nice variety. Good bar and wine offerings. Great perch. Bread is a nice treat. They put on special events & very nice brunches. I was put off by some of the negative reviews. We've always been pleased & I'm picky.

4  Thank Mona123_12
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We recently dined at Fratello's for my mother's Birthday brunch on Sunday. When we arrived, the hostess was appaled we didn't have a reservation, which we have never needed in the past. Then she just walked off and left us standing at the door. She then returned and said we would have to sit seperatly in two booths, there was not a soul in the place yet, we just agreed to sit seperate because we were there and hungry. The waitress took forever to get drinks, and when asked twice for cream for our coffee, we had to get up and get it off another table ourselves. The table next to us sat empty the ENTIRE time we ate, which would have accomidated all eight of us. The food was good, which we got up and got ourselves (buffet). The waitress finally brought us our bill and had a manditory 18% gratuity, which I tried to pay less, but she said I couldn't because of our party of eight, eventhough we didn't get to sit together. I have enjoyed this resturant in the past, but the last couple of times we have been, the service has been less than great. Two thumbs down!

2  Thank purplejam_12