“A great place to stay and right on the beach!”
Review of Bayshore Resort

Bayshore Resort
Ranked #5 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Novi, Michigan
“A great place to stay and right on the beach!”
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights and really enjoyed the hotel. The entire hotel was spotlessly clean. The staff was friendly. The rooms are large and some are right on the beach! The indoor pool was really nice and we loved using it when the weather was too cold to go to the beach. The location is great, less than a mile from downtown and directly across the street is a fabulous restaurant. We would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights for a wedding. We had the choice of several hotels but were told by locals this was the nicest. I had a pool view room and would not recommend this- noisy kids. My friends had a partial lake view which was a real stretch- they couldn't believe they paid more to crank their neck and see an angle of the lake. Make sure if you want to see the lake you ask for full water view. The room decor was dated. Felt very much like a holiday inn. I would have said but at least it was clean, until I noticed a dripping from my ceiling that was water from the room above me. I called the front desk about it but no one ever came to check it out. Yuck! The walls are thin and there is lots of noise from adjacent rooms and the hallway. I would never choose to stay here again, but can understand why you might if you were traveling with kids. Not if you are looking for a romantic weekend away.

1 Thank Trazona
BayshoreResort, Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
We apologize that you had some challenges during your stay.
In regards to the rooms that you stayed in, the partial view is definitely not a full view. There is only a very small price difference (usually $10 or so) from our no-view rooms to the side view rooms for that reason. The small price difference does guarantee that your room will have a balcony but not a full view of the beach and bay.

We do apologize that the issues you experienced happened during very late hours. Our commodes are required to be low-flow. We do not have a full staff on after midnight so our night auditor cannot leave the desk for long periods of time. We can send a maintenance staff member to your room first thing in the morning for any issues like this but it sounds like the issue only happened overnight unfortunately.

The night auditor at the front desk could have brewed fresh coffee as well if they had known it was not warm still and we apologize for this inconvenience.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our 5th time staying at Bayshore Resort. My husband and I got engaged on the beach, stayed here on our honeymoon, and now have stayed here with our two kids. This is a family friendly hotel with an indoor pool and its own beach. The entire staff was friendly and helpful. We talked to quite a few employees (maintenance, housekeeping, and front desk) and they were all polite and friendly. The room was immaculate. I am very picky and seem to find everything wrong with a room but I had no issues with our room. I was expecting to find a mess of dead bugs on our balcony but the balcony and chairs were very clean. The beds could have been comfortable but that is just my personal taste. The breakfast offers a little something for everyone. The breakfast room does have limited space but you can just take it back to your room and eat. If you are looking for a nice family friendly hotel I would strongly recommend Bayshore.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your Bayshore vacation with other travelers!
We are so glad that you continue to have a nice stay year after year.
It sounds like you were able to enjoy many of the amenities that we offer such as the pool, breakfast, a private balcony, and of course our friendly staff!

We look forward to your next stay with us!
Hagen
Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel has its own beach which is located directly at the hotel. The room was spacious, clean and quiet. The breakfast was okay, but the room for eating breakfast was very small. So it was so crowed and loud that we took our breakfast out to the terrace at the beach which was much more nicer.
The hotel is within short walking distance to Traverse City and has a spacious parking lot. Stuff was friendly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Saskia R
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed here for two nights to enjoy the beauty of Traverse City and the surrounding area, and we really enjoyed ourselves. It's right on a very clean private beach, plus it has an indoor swimming pool, so our kids loved all the time they got to spend in the water. The included breakfast was delicious and offered a lot of choices. We'll definitely be going back

2 Thank Chickenwing8
BayshoreResort, Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your trip.
We are so happy that you were able to use and enjoy so much of what we have to offer from the beach to pool, and breakfast each morning!
We hope that your family will continue to visit us year after year!
Thank you.
michigan
Reviewed June 25, 2013

First of all we went wine festival weekend and booked two rooms. I'd never stayed at Bayshore, the prices were high, but many of the hotels were already full. I asked about the package that they offered and asked if it included both nights of the festival, the winemakers event and the festival on Saturday. They said yes. I still wasn't quite sure so I called back at another time to confirm and they said again that yes, it included both events. I booked the rooms and when we arrived at the hotel to check in the clerk at the desk handed me tickets to the event on Saturday only. When I asked he said in a snippy tone that it was for Saturday only. I didn't want to be the grouchy customer and I had friends with me that I had booked rooms for so I blew it off and apologized for their mistake. The room itself was was unclean (hair on the pillow?!!) and dated. The towels were old and greyed, the bed was bouncy and old. There are much nicer places in Traverse City (Grand Beach is my favorite so far) and I will stay at those places rather than go back to Bayshore. Definitely not worth the money.

Room Tip: there are newer and nicer hotels nearby... go there instead
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank MJ2013Michigan
We want to apologize for any confusion with the Wine event that you attended during your stay here. The event packages was a two-night package, however, the Friday night event that I believe you are referring to was a completely separate event. Again, we do apologize for any confusion with the two events.

Our rooms are typically spotless so if they had been in any other condition other than that, that is outside of our normal standards. If something is not up to your standards, please let us know while you are here so that we have the opportunity to make changes and corrections right away.
Our mattress have been replaced very recently as well.

Palm Coast, Florida
Reviewed June 20, 2013

A definite winner in Traverse City. We had a fantastic view of the West Bay from our balcony. The property has its own beach with chaise lounges and chairs right on the sand. The foyer was grand with high ceilings and comfortable chairs and couches. Staff could not have been nicer. Made us feel like they were really glad we came for the "Up North" experience. Breakfast bar was plentiful and the indoor pool was a plus.
Getting to "downtown" required a drive rather than a walk, but there was ample parking. Of course, parking is metered but at least they have an "app" or a number to call to pay.
More wineries than we could visit during our stay. We'd go again.
I would have expected that for the price ($185 per) we would not have had to pay for an in room refrigerator ($10 per)

Room Tip: Most if not all the rooms have balconies with a view of the bay
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tom B
BayshoreResort, Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your up north experience with other travelers!
We are glad that you had a nice time and we hope that you are able to stay with us again soon.
Bayshore Resort