Bayshore Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Traverse Motel(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Park Place Hotel(Traverse City)
Sierra Motel(Traverse City)
  • Restaurant
All reviewspartial viewbeach levelbay shoreclose to downtownindoor poolcontinental breakfastsmall balconynice resortprivate beachwafflesoff seasonstaff was very friendlyfresh fruitview of the lakelocation was perfectclean roomscherry festival
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed here for few nights when we attended the Macaroni and Cheese Bake Off put on by the Old Mission Peninsula wineries. We had three rooms and stayed two nights. Each of the rooms were on a different floor. The rooms were all nicely decorated - this hotel has an "old fashioned" flavor. The room on the1st floor had an issue with the heat. When we mentioned it to the front desk they sent a maintenance person immediately. It was fixed with in 30 minutes! The second floor room had a balcony with a light. Unfortunately, the light was on all night and my son overslept because he had to draw the black out drapes to block out the balcony light. Our room on the 3rd floor was spacious and clean. We found the beds a little hard. The pool looked great - unfortunately we forgot to bring our suits. The hotel was hosting many families of young hockey players there for a tournament but the rooms were very quiet.
The breakfast was okay. The usual fare - waffles, sausage, breads, yogurt, cereal, sweets. I would have liked to have hard boiled eggs available as an alternative to the usual powdered scrambled ones. The fruit was fresh and plentiful and the coffee was good. I felt the prices were a little high - given the time of year - and the hotel did not seem full. However, we did enjoy our stay and would go back again and would recommend this property.

Room Tip: We had "no view" rooms and they were lovely.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My family & I have stayed at Bayshore Resort for as long as I can remember (I'm 32 & I know we started when I was little). This is one of the few trips my grandparents took with all 10 of their kids & we have been able to keep the tradition going. We have always had an excellent time at this establishment. We are a group of anywhere from 50-70 in any given year & we have lots of kids running around all the time. We can also be a little needy with extra blankets, pillows & other "extras". The staff always goes above & beyond to be helpful & friendly. They open up their breakfast room for us every night so that we are able to all sit together & play games & eat treats. Thanks Bayshore for allowing us to continue a tradition that is so important to all of us!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Grace T
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your family's Bayshore Resort experience with other travelers.

We are so glad that your family is able to gather and spend time together with us year after year. We look forward to seeing you all again in 2013!

Bayshore Resort

Reviewed November 5, 2012

we checked in early on a friday (in november), we were the only car in the parking lot, and were checked in a room with a great view of the street. we asked the frt. desk about moving rooms he advised us the rooms were a blind draw and whst you get is what you get. he did say there were water view rooms available but he wouldnt switch us. after all that my daughter turned the shower on and the tub wouldnt drain, also the was a large hunk of something in our bathroom sink, i think it was mold. the female night manager, was even worse, we had a large group of people and yes there were kids which in my opinion were well behaved. she told us at check out that our group of kid (13 year old boys) were terrible and misbehaved. im not sure why she had no complaints to any of the parents while we were staying. my advise to the consumer is stay anywhere else you can find i'd rather sleep under a picnic table on the beach than give this place my money again. and to the owner, fire your frt. desk staff and hire people who treat you guests as guests and not intruders.

Room Tip: another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank cale r
BayshoreResort, Guest Relations Manager at Bayshore Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for sharing your feelings about the weekend you stayed with us.
I would like to address some of the concerns you wrote about.

Rooms at the Bayshore Resort are never a “blind draw”. Your room was part of a hockey team block. All of the rooms in the block are the same group rate, and all of the rooms are close to each other. To achieve this, rooms have a variety of views – no view, side view, or full view.
To take advantage of being in the block, at the low rate, with the rest of the team, you give up choice of view. If a view is more important, you pay a higher rate.

We apologize that you had an issue with your drain. I am glad that Maintenance was able to attend to the matter as soon as you called the Front Desk.

Your hockey team was one of three teams we hosted that weekend. We also had non-group guests staying with us. It was a busy weekend. Every room was occupied. One of the Front Desk’s duties is to make sure that all of our guests have a safe and enjoyable stay. Thus they do tell children not to run, not to horseplay, and to slow down on the stairs. We received many accolades from other guests who stayed this weekend: “Good job handling the hockey teams! Thank you” is one of many.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed here for two nights to attend a wedding. I really don't have any major complaints about the stay. The hotel staff was friendly, and the room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. They could probably use an update though; I wasn't really digging the floral wallpaper in the bathroom, and generic bouqet still life prints in the bedroom. Why not add some kind of wine themed, or Great Lakes/nautical themed decor?

I feel like the free breakfast could be improved a little. Powdered eggs make me sad :(.

Good location; it's probably a 15-20 minute walk to the heart of downtown TC, and a short drive to many of the wineries.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Traverse City area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Staff at the front desk was unfriendly at check in. Room smelled musty and I was unable to control the temperature. Room was either hot or freezing. If you are not extremely quiet people who love victorian decor and people who think they are better than you, do not stay here. We frequent the Holiday Inn on Front St. at least 10-12 times per year along with the Cherry Tree Inn and have always been trated like royalty. Will never stay here or recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends