We stayed her for four nights /five days August 20-25 for my 50th birthday. The rooms were extremely clean and the check process was quick and friendly. We had a room with a balcony that looked out at the bay and the view was fabulous and private. We wanted a full lake view so we opted for the two queen beds as opposed to the king suite with limited view. Those rooms are on the ends and side of the building and do not have a full view. When we arrived there were dead bugs on the balcony, what is expected on the water. We called for housekeeping to sweep and within 10 minutes it was taken care of. The decor was Victorian, so if you aren't into traditional decor and that drives your hotel choice, then this isn't the place for you. Everything was pretty new: carpet, walls, bathroom, etc. I don't understand the comments from some saying that this hotel is dirty and outdated. You can get housekeeping services daily or just change towels as needed. The staff is friendly and not intrusive. The beach is wonderful and there is a long walking area with sand that the other bay may not have. This hotel is fairly close to downtown. We walked into town and biked and it was great. The location is great for sightseeing and walking. Everyone was so friendly and the breakfast was wonderful! I don't understand the complaints in previous reviews about the breakfast. The fruit, eggs, sausage, coffee were all fresh. Many cereals to choose from, as well as bread products. Coffee is available 24 hours in the lobby. Real creme too! No powder. We did take our 4 cup coffee pot for our room, and put on the large vanity in the bath. There is also a sink vanity outside the bath which was great with two of us getting ready. My only complaint is the size of the breakfast room, which seems to be a common theme. The one morning we went down later than usual, there was nowhere to sit. We found a spot with another couple and enjoyed a nice breakfast conversation. The women who was in charge of the breakfast was great; filling empty pans quickly. There is no restaurant, which we knew when we booked and it was not a problem for us. So much better than the Holiday Inn. The room view was fantastic. Refrigerators are available for rent, but we just did the ice chest thing and it was fine. If you don't have kids and don't want the morning noise, stay on a floor other than the first. The families tended to stay there. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whether you are ready for a romantic relaxing getaway or simply enthusiastically wanting to indulge your sense of adventure, you can do it here at Bayshore Resort! Our Victorian style hotel is nestled on the beach of West Grand Traverse Bay and offers the best of all you love about Traverse City - a great waterfront location and a short stroll away from downtown with its diverse dining, shopping, and nightlife. Bayshore Resort has the perfect room to fit the specific needs of every guest from amazing views to Spa Rooms, Suites, and more! Our complimentary Wi-Fi makes it convenient to mix business with pleasure. Join us every morning for a fresh, complimentary breakfast before spending the day on our private beach, taking a swim in the large indoor pool, or venturing out to explore the charming shops and restaurants that the area has to offer. Taking a day trip couldn’t be easier as it is only a short drive to the area’s elegant wineries, exciting casinos and exceptional Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Groupon, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bayshore Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayshore Hotel Traverse City
- Bayshore Resort Traverse City
- Bayshore Traverse City