“Great stay, great price”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Madison, Wisconsin
“Great stay, great price”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We recently stayed two nights at this property on a vacation trip. We were super satisfied with the room and the service at this hotel. From the friendly and helpful reception staff to the super clean and comfortable room, we were more than pleased. We were provided plentiful towels, a delicious breakfast, and you cannot beat the warm chocolate chip cookies in the afternoon! If you are traveling with children, there is a water/amusement park next door and

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
I am so happy that you chose the AmericInn for your recent trip to Traverse City and am glad that you were happy with the service and the room. We truly enjoy helping out guests with their vacation memories and I’m so happy that you were able to experience this with our staff. I’m glad you were able to enjoy our accommodations and thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I hope to see you back very soon and can welcome you back to the AmericInn!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Wixom
Reviewed July 9, 2014

checked three other comparable hotels in immediate vicinity and Americinn was the best value. The building, parking, front desk, rooms, breakfast area, pool/spa all clean and staff friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend to anyone.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you so much for your comments regarding your recent stay. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the Cherry Festival and your accommodations at the hotel. We know you have a lot of choices in regards to your accommodations while in Traverse City and i'm so happy that you chose AmericInn! I hope to be able to welcome you back very soon on your next visit.
Mililani
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Friendly staff, great service, great rooms. Had a wonderful feeling of being like home. Enough diversity in their breakfast menu for more than several days. Great location! Close to airport, dining venues, and festival activities. I will definitely look into staying at other Americinn accommodations at cities where I need a hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your kind words about the AmericInn. I am so happy that you enjoyed our hospitality while staying at our hotel. Even more so that you will look for AmericInn’s when you travel more in the future! What a nice compliment! Thank you! I hope that we will be able to greet you again on your next visit to Traverse City!
Grand Blanc
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Asked for the hotel to reimburse the price of the golf shirt. GM said I'll give you $20. Just spent $500+ on three nights and get treated like a secon class citizen. I'll stay somewhere else next year.

2 Thank Joe S
We are sorry about your feelings towards the hotel. As I explained to you on the telephone as did the front desk when you brought this to our attention that we were sorry that when you used the iron, the shirt was burned, however we have no control over ironing in guest rooms. We did offer you a discount as you were upset, however you stated that you wanted a significant amount more – or nothing. We pride ourselves on giving our guests outstanding accommodations and award winning service and I am very sorry you feel let down by us. I truly wish you the best of luck in your travels.
Grand Rapids
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Due to small breakfast area we were forced to eat our breakfast in our room. Not having large waste baskets we left our cereal bowls, cartons of milk, and other partially eaten breakfast items on the desk. They were still there when we came back. The night supervisor asked if I wanted him to bring me a back to throw the items in..I did not, I wanted him to come and clean up the room, which he did. When I discussed this with front desk staff the next morning I was told it was a hotel policy that cleaning staff is not allowed to touch any of the guests belongings and we were responsible for cleaning it up. She also told me if I left a suitcase on the bed, staff would not be allowed to pick it up to make the bed. Very questionable policy, but at the very least guests should be told this when they get to their room with a tent card or something. Also cleaning staff should have a card they could leave behind explaining the policy so guests don't assume they didn't do their job as I did.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you for your review and I’m sorry about the confusion about the cleaning policy. Many times guests leave things on the furniture to keep and we do not disturb this. After our discussion yesterday, I spoke to the housekeeping supervisor and the room attendant and both remember the room well. The food was only partially eaten, with some of the products still in wrappers (along with apples, etc) which they felt you were keeping for during your stay. If the tray had been on the floor near the waste receptacle or outside your door, they would surly remove it. As we explained we are hesitant to even move a glass of water as it could be a pair on contacts in there. Our staff is on duty 24 hours a day and responded quickly to your room to clean up the items you did not around 11pm when you returned as requested. I would much rather have this happen then us dispose of something you were wanting to keep. I am very sorry for the miscommunication and I hope that you know that we are committed to guest satisfaction. I hope that the next time you are in the area you will return to the AmericInn and enjoy our accommodations.
Livonia, Michigan
Reviewed July 3, 2014

This was our first time staying in a AmericInn hotel and we picked it based on TA reviews combined with the rate. We rented a 2 room suite for 3 nights. The rooms were large and recently updated. The staff is very pleasant and complimentary coffee/tea is available in the lobby all the time. Cookies are complimentary at the front desk each afternoon. The rate includes a continental plus a few hot foods breakfast.

There were a few things we didn't like such as all the suites are directly above the lobby/front desk. Our suite (200) was next to the pool and the front room smelled like chlorine and we could hear kids squealing. The breakfast is served right below the suite each morning so we heard the continual "timer alarms" for the waffle irons which was mildly annoying. Also, the hot food option every morning was biscuits and sausage gravy (no variety). I was disappointed that we couldn't bring our bikes into the suite. That was one of the main reasons I opted for the extra room. Our bikes are expensive and they had to sit out in the rain a couple of days. We stayed at the Comfort Inn last time and they stored our bikes in a garage overnight.

All in all, the hotel is clean and comfortable and I would stay there again if the price is right.

1 Thank MaryBluEyes
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of the AmericInn Traverse City. I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay and that you would be back. I am sorry for your concerns regarding the location of the suites. Please note that we do have some suites located in different areas of the building also. Just ask the front desk if one of those is available on your next stay with us. Thank you again for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.
Pembroke, Ma
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We liked the AmericInn in Traverse City, MI so well that we were going to stay a second night. The room was spacious, spotless, and for the price of many other places there was a Jacuzzi! The staff were very pleasant and check-in was a breeze. Two minor complaints - the AC seemed to stop working in the middle of the night but as I was not about to bother with it at that point I just opened the window - and the breakfast buffet was laid out in a rather confusing way. If we stayed a second night we would have had them look onto the AC problem. But all in all we had a very satisfactory stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites

Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay and I’m so happy that you wanted to spend a second night (I’m sorry that we were unable to accommodate this due to being full already). As I mentioned in the e-mail to you yesterday, I am sorry about your AC issues. We have looked at the unit and it was operating normal. Please never feel you would be a “bother” asking a question – our staff is here 24 hours a day to assist in anything that you need. We are here for your service! Thank you again for your kind words and I hope that we can welcome you back soon to Traverse City and the AmericInn Traverse City!