“American traverse city,mi”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed June 4, 2014

I asked for a room by a door, in that I am a smoker, which was promptly given to me. It would be nice to have a bench outside, after all I pay the same rates as non-smokers. Was glad there was a laundry facility available.

Review collected in partnership with AmericInn Hotels and Suites
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review the AmericInn Traverse City! I’m glad we were able to accommodate your request to be near a door during your stay. I’m also glad you were able to take advantage of our guest laundry services. I hope that we will be able to welcome you back soon to the hotel!

Reviewed June 2, 2014

What a hidden gem. I enjoyed the most relaxing time with a king/Jacuzzi room. The price was unbelievable and that was without any kind of discount or anything. Super clean, comfortable and close to everything. This is the place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank bworm

Wow! Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and calling us a “hidden gem.” We are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. I’m happy you have found “the place to stay” in Traverse City as many others have. We are lucky to have such wonderful guests!

Reviewed May 30, 2014

We have stayed here several times and will continue to stay here when we come to Traverse City. Rates for seniors are lower than most motels in this area where many places are overpriced. We find it clean, quiet, close to town and places to eat. Staff has been friendly, courteous and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dayouper

Thank you so much for your review about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy that you found our accommodations great and the staff wonderful. We know you have a lot of choices when it comes to hotels in town, and we are so happy you have chosen to stay with us several times! That is the best compliment we can receive. Thank you so very much and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I've stayed here multiple times over the last 3 years, and the last time was for Memorial Day weekend. Every time, I have been very happy with the cleanliness of the room. Hotel is about 4 miles from downtown, but the TART trail is directly behind the hotel, so an easy bike ride. There are multiple good restaurants within walking distance (Red Mesa is the best...they even offer a entire vegetarian and vegan menu).

3  Thank Susan M
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Susan, thank you for your patronage over the past three years. Its such a wonderful thing to see people year after year returning for their vacations and returning to the hotel to let us be a part of your memories. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay again and the location. It sounds like you have taken advantage of seeing a lot of the area via bicycle on the TART trail. I’m so happy that you enjoyed your stay again and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Staff was exceptional in anticipating and accommodating every need. The essence of great service! Room quality and amenities met every expectation and was very comfortable. I will definitely chose the AmericInn brand again!

1  Thank Annette T

Annette, thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you while you were here and I hope that your trip to the United States was wonderful! I am humbled by your kind words about the service and quality of the hotel. I’m glad we were able to meet all your expectations – next time I’ll promise to exceed them! Thank you again for your kind words and I look forward to seeing you when you return to Traverse City again!

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Cheap and cheerful! Nice location with market and restaurants in walking distance. Dairy Queen right next door. Free parking, basic breakfast, and free internet. Staff is very helpful. Indoor pool. About 4 miles out of Traverse City.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Djknightga

Thank you so much for your kind words about the AmericInn and I’m so happy that you enjoyed everything about the hotel. We know you have a lot of choices in lodging in this area and are honored you chose the AmericInn and enjoyed your stay. I hope to welcome you back very soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2014

My family visited Traverse City for a soccer tournament. There were a total 8 families that stayed here. The hotel was very clean, beds and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was friendly, in particular a sweet lady named Nancy. What a gem! She made sure breakfast area was well-stocked and made us feel at home. The chocolate chip cookies were yummy. The boys enjoyed the pool and hot tub. It was the right temperature and not over-treated with chemicals. So many hotel pools have too much chlorine in their pools. We liked the location as well. The boys just walked through the parking lot to Pirate's Cove for putt-putt and go-carts. We made good use of the lobby area for gathering and eating. We had thought about using the hotel's hospitality room for eating dinner, but not at the cost of $100.00. I was disappointed that there was a charge to use this meeting room. Other hotels that we've stayed at have not charged us for their meeting rooms. The only other down-side was the cost. I paid significantly more for my stay then I usually pay to stay a hotel. I would recommend staying here.

1  Thank Amy A
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you so much for your review about the AmericInn Traverse City. I am happy that you found the hotel wonderful and that you enjoyed the service that Nancy provided in the breakfast each morning. We are very fortunate to have Nancy as part of our team and she has won the Breakfast Attendant of the Year for the entire AmericInn chain in the past for her outstanding service and dedication to the guests. I am sorry that you were disappointed at the meeting room charge. Due to the prior booking of this room by other groups, the hotel would have had to have staff come in on non-scheduled hours to flip the room for the other groups. Because of this, we had to charge for the use. We are always willing to work with our social groups on meeting room accommodations prior to arrival to ensure you have space if needed. As your party booked individually, we were unaware until after check-in that all your rooms were together. I apologize for this. I look forward to being able to welcome you back to the AmericInn again soon!