“"Coming home"”

GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #9 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Whenever we are in the northern Michigan area, we stay at this lovely inn. Yes, the breakfast is a big lure and it usually serves as our brunch with all its variety and the availability until 10 A.M. Walking into the place for us feels like coming home.

Room Tip: Second floor at the end of the hall is perfect!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

I am so happy that we have been able to welcome you during your stays in Northern Michigan. I am so happy to hear about your enjoyment of breakfast and that coming to the hotel makes you feel like you are coming home. I am so proud to have such a great staff and a great facility to help make your stay great. Thank you again for such wonderful comments. They are truly appreciated. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We stayed at the Americinn over the weekend to do some shopping. The hotel was very clean. I really enjoyed the morning breakfasts - I'm a waffle fan! The only negative comment I have is that for some reason our room was not cleaned/freshened up by the housekeeping staff. The front desk person didn't know why but offered to come up and tidy a bit but we declined as we were gone the whole day and just wanted to relax. They did adjust the rate for the second night for the oversight. Would I still recommend this place - yes!

Room Tip: Suites are very comfortable
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay and want to apologize for the issue with housekeeping. We pride ourselves on our quality of service and unfortunately it looks like we dropped the ball. I am happy our front desk was able to help and offer you the service you expected and made it right. Our customers are out #1 priority and know that these concerns have been addressed with the housekeeping manager. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and thank you again for choosing us for your lodging needs in Traverse City

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is very clean and comfortable. The staff are great and they have a delicious free hot breakfast. Make your own waffles, pastries, meat, eggs or biscuits and gravy. The pool area is big. They do offer open swim and birthday parties so the pool may be full of non- guests which is annoying. I wouldn't hesitate for a second in reserving a room. Just out the back is the TART trail which is nice for biking or walking to area restaurants.

1  Thank Mexico02
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the AmericInn Traverse City. I'm so happy you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourself on our AmericInn Perk breakfast and glad that you enjoyed it. I look forward to being able to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This hotel was nice and cleaned, we were greeted by the deskclerk with fresh chocolate chip cookies. The beds were comfortable and roomie. The Bathrooms were very clean. The breakfast in the morning was decent.

In Traverse because of the tourist town that it is... Nice rooms tend to be expensive. Even though this was a winter rate, it was very affordable and nice... would stay again for sure!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I am so happy you enjoyed your visit and am proud of the level of service that the staff provided you. They truly make our hotel what it is and I'm happy you had just a great experience. I hope to see you soon on your next visit to town and I can again welcome you to the end of the day.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This place is a great place to stay! We stayed for the weekend and got a jacuzzi room - The rate was the best in town, its clean, people are friendly, beds comfortable. The halls need to have a fresh paint job from luggage skuffs but all in all its an excellent place to stay!

Room Tip: we don't like rooms next to elevators - a bit on the noisy side at any hotel
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for your review on the AmericInn Traverse City. I am so happy to hear of your positive feelings regarding the hotel! I am proud to tell you that starting in April 2013 the entire hotel will be renovated to make it even better! Our refresh will be starting Mid-April and continue through the end of May. We are very excited to make our hotel even better! Thank you again for such nice comments and I look forward to welcoming you again very soon!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We stay at AmericInn when we need to get away and the staff is always accommodating. Our last stay there was a group of children who were out of control running around and the parents did nothing as they were drinking in the lobby. I was impressed how the staff handled it. They were discreet and professional. We heard some of the parents making some strong comments and the staff continued to be professional. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling to the area. We dont have problems normally but when something out of the ordinary up, they handle it right away. Thank you for making our stay, always great.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank farica
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Thank you so very much for the review you wrote on our hotel. I am so happy that you enjoy your stay when you are at our hotel and am sorry you had the problem with the children running. I agree it was a very difficult weekend and I’m happy to hear you felt we handled the issue appropriately. As much as we try to prevent noise complaints, it sometimes is difficult to foresee and must deal with issues as they arise. Our goal is to give every guest the opportunity to relax, renew and recharge. I assure you that we take all issues, especially this one, very seriously. I again, want to thank you for such wonderful comments about my staff and hotel and look forward to being able to welcome you to the end of the day again very soon! Thanks!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

We stayed last week-end for a grandma ,,grandson trip... we had a 2 room suite with fireplace and hot tub...Was very surprised and pleased ,,,the staff ,,the room, the bed and pillows,the pool all was great,,,The wireless not great but that was fine...The breakfast had lots of choices,,I am gluten free,,so few choices,,but that's not the hotels fault...would stay here again,,,,,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Nick T, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Thank you for such kind words about our property. We are very proud of our product and are happy you enjoyed it so much. Also, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. I wanted to also apologize for the concerns regarding the wireless internet. This past week there were some network issues and due to this, we upgraded part of the network and increased bandwidth speed to correct it. As for breakfast, we understand special dietary concerns and I promise to look at options and see if we can have more gluten free options available. Thank you for such a great suggestion!