GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Quality Inn By the Bay(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Beach Haus Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Brio Beach Inn(Traverse City)
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
Pinestead Reef Resort(Traverse City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdairy queenpirate's covewafflesroom was cleanmini golfpublic beachred mesa grillhot tublobby areacookiesputt putthard boiled eggsfridge and microwavewould definitely stay here againnice place to stayfree breakfasta great stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I stayed here one night (on a Sunday night) for business; based on availability of hotels at this time (a Sunday in the middle of summer) in Traverse City, this was one of the lower priced rooms available.

All in all, not a bad stay; definitely no frills, but based on needing more or less a bed for the night, it certainly served it's purpose. The location was perfect for my needs, and the staff was friendly throughout the quick stay.

A couple of minor issues, although I'm not sure all of them were completely under the control of the facility. The first was my booking; my hotel was booked through my corporate travel agent; my "confirmation" paperwork said I was booked for a king-size bed (which is my standard request for travelling). When I checked in, the front desk help indicated there were no king rooms available, so I'd have to have a room with two queens. I'm not sure if this was a travel agent or a hotel mix-up, but that was definitely an initial disappointment.

The breakfast area was also very small and cramped; when i went down for breakfast, there weren't any seats available, and had to take my breakfast back to the room. I was surprised since I was up fairly early, and most of the breakfast-goers were definitely families. While this is good from the standpoint that this is certainly a family-oriented facility, it was a minor inconvenience to take the breakfast back to the room to eat.

The bathroom tile work, especially in the "corners" between the floor and wall, could defintiely use some re-caulking or grouting; this was looking yellow and old, and was out of place in an otherwise very clean bathroom. The chairs in the sitting room were also a bit unstable, and not too sturdy...I ended up doing my needed work on my PC from the bed, rather than at the table, for fear of breaking one of the chairs.

With that in mind, these really are minor complaints, and knowing that for Traverse City the room rate wasn't bad, the AmericInn definitely provided a good value. I would recommend staying here, especially if you are in the area for the attractions, and are really looking for a hotel for a place to sleep at night.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for your review. I am happy that you felt we were a great value and that you would recomend us in the future. I am sorry that you had requested a king bed and were given two queen beds. I did review the reservation and found that the travel agent booked two queens and had a note if we could switch to a king it would be appreciated. As we did not have any kings, that is why two queens were provided as that is what we had confirmed with the travel agent. I am very sorry over this. Please feel free to contact me directly next time you are coming to the area and I'll be happy to personally make your reservations. But again, thank you for your comments and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stayed there during the Traverse City Film Festival and the location of the hotel worked out fine for that. The hotel was clean, the breakfast was good, and the staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CarolFMichigan

Thank you for such a nice review. I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the AmericInn. I hope that you enjoyed the Film Festival and we can welcome you back during the 2013 festival!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

This was the first AmericInn I have ever stayed at, but I have to admit that if this is what all AmericInns are like, they’ve become my new favorite hotel chain! We reserved a King Size room with a Jacuzzi, and were amazed to find an enormous room with a full size tub Jacuzzi located just steps from the bed! The room was stocked with plenty of towels and linen, and after a full day of climbing the dunes at Sleeping Bear National Park, my wife and I couldn’t wait to just soak in the tub. The staff throughout the hotel could not do enough to treat us kindly, and everyone greeted us with a smile and a “Hello.” When we arrived earlier than our room was ready, the front desk staff happily took a bag full of fudge and chocolate and put it behind the desk to keep it cool while we went out to Sleeping Bear. When we returned to check in that afternoon, everything was perfect and they had even placed the bag in our room for us! Whether we asked for directions or suggestions on a place to eat, the staff had helpful and ready answers. The room comes complete with a hearty continental breakfasts (homemade waffles of course!), making it a perfect stay. Based on our experience with this property, we will definitely stay at AmericInns again—this one or any other!

Room Tip: Get a room with a jacuzzi! Well worth the price difference!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alan L
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

Thank you so much for your comments. I am so happy that you had such a great time while visiting the Traverse City area and that you enjoyed Sleeping Bear. Even more so, that AmericInn is your new favorite hotel. We strive to make everyones stay the best! Our entire staff take pride in helping make all our guests feel welcome and bring home memories of wonderful family vacations! Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Very friendly staff welcomed us on our arrival, offered tips on restaurants and how to get places. Every staff member we met had a smile and a friendly greeting. Breakfast was OK, but could use a few more items. We had to leave a day early and had no problem settling our bill without any issue being raised about the extra night of our reservation that we didn't use.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pickleball_Larry
americinntc, General Manager at GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will return to the hotel soon! Our staff is dedicated to its service each and every day! Thank you!

Reviewed June 24, 2012

Nice smaller chain motel, run by a first class staff. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was well presented, with many choices. My only complaint is that the rate was 100.00 more on Friday than on Thursday. Outside of that a great place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 220ord
Management response:Responded June 26, 2012

I am so happy to hear that you had a great visit to the area and that you enjoyed the hotel. I always enjoy hearing how people enjoy the area and especially how they enjoyed the hotel! We take pride on our customer service and commitment to guest satisfaction!