Quality Inn By the Bay
$110
Country Inn
Cambria Hotel Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$138
$126
CambriaHotels
Great Wolf Lodge(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$150
Pointes North Beachfront Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$79
Cherry Tree Inn & Suites(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$124
Sugar Beach Resort Hotel(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$99
$84
West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$110
$103
GrandStay Hotel & Suites Traverse City(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$60
$48
Parkshore Resort(Traverse City)
$72
$67
Travelocity
Bayshore Resort(Traverse City)(Great Value!)
$99
$77
Travelocity
All reviewswafflesfirst floorpool and hot tubfront desk staffjacuzzi roombeds were comfortablelabor day weekendcookieswould stay here againfree breakfastregistrationfrigdowntownmichigan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room we had was dirty. The sheets felt grimy and there was visible dirt and hair in the bathroom. (There were no other rooms to move to as they were all booked.) Our room was located on the first floor and right next to the vending machines. There wasn't much sleep to be had because it was so loud. We realized after we had arrived home, that we left a pair of shorts hanging on the back of the door in the bathroom. We called the hotel only hours after leaving it, to find they did not have our clothing. They said that nothing was listed in the lost and found. They made no effort to say, "we will keep our eyes open for it" or "we will check our laundry for it". All they could say was, "no one found it". Ugh. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your experience with us. I had the pleasure of speaking with you on the phone when you called about the shorts possibly being left behind.

In our conversation I mentioned that I have checked with both housekeeping supervisors, the room attendant who cleaned the room, and I also personally checked the room myself just to make sure my staff did not miss anything, and there was no shorts found in the room or behind the bathroom door.

During our conversation, you never mentioned anything about the disappointment you experienced regarding the room being dirty. I also checked with my front desk staff and it wasn't brought to their attention about the cleanliness of your room. The basis of our conversation was about the pair of shorts. If we were aware of your concerns in regards to the cleanliness of the room, my staff would have made every effort to rectify the situation regardless if the hotel was sold out or not.

My staff takes great pride in ensuring that our guests is notified right away if any items are left behind. Previous comments from past guests can vouch for that. I hope your item turns up and if we do find it here on our end we will definitely notify you.

We can't thank you enough for choosing our hotel for your stay and I hope you will allow us another opportunity to provide service for you and your family.

Thank You.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on September 3 as we were taking a family vacation around Michigan. After we checked out, we did other sight seeing around Traverse City, which took most of the day. As we were headed out of town, I checked my phone voice mails. There was a call from this hotel saying the cleaning person had found a purse. I then remembered I had changed purses that day, wanting to carry a smaller one. It would have probably been days until I discovered it missing, and then would not have known where. Luckily, we were still in town, and able to go pick it up. I had emptied most items from it, but some were left and I am happy to say still all there. I want to thank the hotel staff for their honesty and notifying me of it in a timely manner. Thank you and if ever in the area again, will definitely stay there. Clean room, comfortable beds. Am not rating fitness center and restaurant, as we did not use them.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank matrum
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are proud and happy to know you enjoyed your stay and will be looking to come back in the future. As one of the managers, we try to be selective in choosing the right staff to run an effecient and sound hotel. We strive to ensure that personal belongings that are left behind gets returned the rightful owner in a timely fashion. It was good to know that you guys weren't too far from our hotel when we discovered the item you left behind.

Thank you again for your business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Hotel is perfect location for us, if weather would have been better. Its within walking distance to the beautiful state park beach & parking is hard at the state park. Rates were cheaper than elsewhere; t.c. is just expensive! This hotrl would have been 1/2 the price elsewhere. Rooms are outdated. Our room smelled like it used to be a smoking room, which is something i can deal with, but didnt like. Beds were old & uncomfortable. Mt husband said he doesnt think he could sleep there again, but for the price & location i might. Pool was fun, although very small. The hot tub is really shallow, but big & it was set at 102, when im used to 104. staff was very friendly &helpful. I liked that they gave us a packn play & a room by the pool as we asked! However, the pool towels were about hand towel size so we got our bath towels wet. We called 4 new towels for after our showers & they said we had to wait for housekeeping, but they didnt come by check out. dry towels would have bern nice, esp for our baby. We had to use our beach towels we brought. Our bathroom had some areas that were dirty, the area behind the toilet paper in the holder was filled w/ dirt! Luckily im not too picky!

• Stayed: September 2012
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us regarding your recent stay. We cannot convey how much we appreciate you choosing our hotel.

We do try to be conscious in regards to rate for we understand everyone is on a budget these days. I am confident to state that we have very competitive rates considering the area and location of our hotel. We believe that a clean and comfortable hotel is important to everyone as well as pricing.

I am sorry we didn't meet your expectaion regarding the beds. They are Serta Sleepers and some people like them and some people don't. Sorry for the shortage of pool towels. Our hotel makes every effort to "Go Green" and that is why we went from leaving pool towels in the pool area to putting them in our rooms.

If we have another opportunity to have you stay with us again please let us know how we can make your stay more enjoyable. I would like to end by saying that there are going to be major changes as far as updates and renovations to our hotel so we can continue to provide top "Quality" service to all our guests.

Thank you for your time.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

This hotel is in a good location as it is near to the beach at State Park. The TART trail is directly behind the hotel. This is a good tarmac track which follows the rail line into Traverse City downtown and then on to Suttons Bay (a very pretty little town - good for quality shopping). Great for walking and biking so you can work off some of the great food on offer in this area. Our room at the hotel was spacious and the bed very comfortable. The downside was the breakfast room - 5 tables for some 250+ rooms?? They called it cosy. We called it chaotic. Any way it was still good value and the staff were very friendly and helpful. We were visiting my daughter and we thought the hotel was ideally located not too far from her apartment. Traverse City is a lovely place for a holiday - it's just a lot of flying to get there!

Room Tip: The groung floor rooms seem to be used by overnighters, so opt for a room on 2nd floor
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Than you for staying with us recently. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay.

I can agree that our location is very convenient and close to alot of attractiions and activities. May of our guests enjoys the TART trail that is located right behind our hotel. We are a block away from beach access. We are within an hour from several attractions such as wineries, Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park to name a few.

We are happy you found our room spacious and beds comfortable. We are working on a major renovation project to make our breakfast area bigger so that all our guests can enjoy our full hot deluxe breakfast with make your own waffles.

Thank you again for taying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stayed here when it was the wentworth inn while some things have changed. The idea of good value and good service have not. really good location and fine lodging. It is not the place it was when we stayed last but time takes a toll on us all.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank glenda f

Hello Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay with us. Yes, this hotel used to be the old Wentworth Inn.

As a manager, we took over this hotel under the Choice Hotels brand back in 2007 and we have been working diligenty to making sure updates and renovations take place regurlarly. We strive for providng top "Quality" service with "Genuine Northern Hospitality"!

We hope to see you again soon.

Thank You.