“Low rates not much more”

Quality Inn By the Bay
Ranked #33 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Dorr, Michigan
“Low rates not much more”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

Was at TC for a wine weekend and only needed a bed for a night, rates are great but that where's it end.Pam(night manager) gave us a call in the first half hour to see if we were settled in and let us know what the hotel had to offer.Our room was clean,a little small but all we wanted was a good sleep, this didn't happen. We were in Rm.117 which is next to a doorway to the outside, it bangs loud and people (and drunks) were using it all night long,than by 5AM the early risers were loading up their cars by this doorway you felt the people were in the room with you, sound comes right thur the walls, also you hear the traffic noise from the street.Whats up with the pillows,very small about the size of a throw pillow. We were with a second couple who had the room above us and had the same comments. I could had driven back home that night and been more rested than to stay in that room.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Hello Mr. Gary,

We can't thank you enought for choosing our hotel for your stay. I'm glad to know that our rates alligned with what you were looking for but I'm sorry for the disruption you did experience.

Looking back around the time you stayed with us and it appeared that the hotel was at full capacity. When we run into this challenge, we find it difiicult to try to move guests around if people are experiencing noise disruption during their stay.

As far as our bedding and pillows, these items are Choice Hotels mandate items, and we have mix reviews about them. Some love them, some don't. I'm sorry it didn't meet your expectations.

We hope we will have another opportunity in serving you and your friends again and hope it will be a better experience.

Thank You!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Clean, decent breakfast, service is top notch. Close to several places to eat. Great price...

Room Tip: higher floors have less wear
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for your business. We are happy to know you've enjoyed your stay. We can agree that our hotel is located close to may attractions and activities to do. We hope you see you again!
Cheboygan, Michigan
Reviewed February 9, 2012

I just stayed the night here with my three children. It was awesome for the price...$50! Nice pool and hot tub, evening snacks, morning breakfast (waffles, sausage, egg, cereal, toast, muffins, doughnuts, fruit, etc). Room was clean. Beds are only double, but I slept well. Would definately recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed in 216. The second floor is cheaper and it was right by the stairs to the pool.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your stay with us. We are happy to know we met you and your family's expectation. The pool and breakfast has always been a favorite by our guests and we are happy you were able to enjoy! We hope to see you guys back soon!
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I rented two rooms for the two days leading up to New Years. I called to request that they be adjoining and on the first floor. That's exactly what I received. Check in was fast and efficient.
The rooms were clean, not opulent, but well worth the money. The pool is small, a nice sized Jacuzzi, both well kept. The Housekeeper was very helpful when I asked her few questions about the area.
On New Years Even, Kate, the midnight shift Reception person was answering many phone calls around midnight, people looking for places to get food. She was more than courteous, call after call. Kate tried to help me also. She has a wonderful personality, and is an asset to Quality Inn's Organization.
Check out was a breeze. Thanks for the nice stay.

• Stayed December 2011
Thank you for your stay and great comment. We are excited you had a pleasant experience and can't convey enough how much we value you choosing our hotel. Our staff is dedicated in making sure every aspect of your stay meets your standards. We hope to see you again soon. Please share your experience with others.
Reviewed October 14, 2011

We checked in at 7:00 pm I rented two rooms. Pam was fantastic she even called and asked if we were satisfied with the room. For the money the room was ok. Small pool, nice hot tub, clean room. The breakfast just ok. There were only a few real butters left in the container so I asked the girl at the desk, she responded by saying look in the containers. When she came to check the dining area I again asked for butter, she was answered, if its not there then we don't have any. The supplieswere coming in so I asked if she could get some from there. She said she can't until a manager counts them. Not too helpful. It retrospect the counterhelp was night or day, literally.

• Stayed October 2011
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, October 16, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feed back in regards to your recent stay with us. The management team is very selective as to who we have on our staff, especially for our front desk team. I'm glad to say that you had a wonderful experience during check in with Pam and most of your stay, but I am concern on how you felt about our service from my morning front desk staff. She has been with us for over 4 years and is usually professional. Thank you for your feed back which will enable us to continue to get better. We hope you will allow us another opportunity to service you in the near future.
Troy
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed here in October, 2011 for one night. Checking in was wonderful due to the friendliness of the front desk staff. She explained everything and told me exactly how to get to my room, also explaining the breakfast and other amenities. They even called our room a half hour later to see if we were happy with everything. We were unable to have breakfast there the next morning because the hotel dining area was right in the lobby and there were not enough tables to accommodate everyone, although I did go in for coffee. I noticed that the buffet was well stocked and the people in charge were doing a very nice job. I will say, however, that the bed was a bit too soft, but other than that it was a very good value for the money. I really liked the friendly service - I have stayed in several where they don't even know the meaning of the phrase "customer service."

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
ram33, Manager at Quality Inn By the Bay, responded to this review, October 23, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know you had a great experience with us over all. When the hotel is at full capacity, it does become challenging and quite cozy in the breakfast area. Believe it or not, in the middle of summer when the hotel is at full capacity 7 days a week, we manage to get everyone through breakfast.

I know the beds always comes down to personal preference. Some people like it soft while others prefer firm. They are Serta Sleeper beds and for the most part we have been receiving not but compliments about them. I'm sorry it did not meet your expectation.

We hope in the future you will allow us another opportunity to service you and may be next time we can try to find a bed more suitable.

Thank you again for your time and sharing your experience.
Muskegon, Michigan
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The staff was wonderful here! The manager checked us in, and then called us later to see if everything was as it should be. We booked through hotels.com, and needed to cancel our second night. The manager called hotels.com for us, walked us through the cancellation procedure and gave us the number to call the next day. Every staff member we came in contact with was very pleasant and helpful. The free breakfast was great, and we were happy with the room. Clean and comfortable. You can tell they all work hard together to provide a great experience for the guests.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for allowing us an opportunity in providing service and lodging for you. We are aware of all the lodging choices made available to guests visiting the Traverse City area and we cannot convey enough how much we appreciate you choosing us.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay from arrival to departure. Thank you for noticing what we do well and we hope we will have more opportunities in providing service for you, your family, and friends in the near future.