The high point of this hotel is the staff. Every single front desk employee I spoke to was friendly and responsive. Upon check out, I asked to have a package shipped via FedEx and I received A+ care from the employee who helped me. She even taped up my box and made sure it was good to go before I left. I was very grateful for her help, as I was trying to make an early flight at TVC. Overall, I felt they had one of the stronger staff teams I have observed on recent my business travels.
The rooms are clean and in line with what one expects from Fairfield Inn properties. The bathroom mirror lighting could be better. Walls are a little thin. I did have a lot of noise from the man next door the first night, but, thankfully, he checked out and wasn't there the next two nights. I liked having my own refrigerator and made a run to Target to stock it. I'm not a huge fan of the AC window units, because they click on and off so loudly and disrupt my sleep, but they are pretty standard at places like Fairfield, Courtyard and Hampton Inn these days.
I had to travel to TC for work during the end of the Cherry Festival and caught the tail end of some surprisingly high rates at this hotel ($274 plus tax!!!!). That seemed to be the case at a lot of the properties in the area during the Festival, as has been pointed out in other reviews. Hard to believe that these rooms were costing as much as I have paid at the Ritz! At that price, it's hard to argue the Fairfield is a good deal. But it's a good value at around $150 a night, in my opinion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Your Favorite Traverse City Hotel to experience Pure Michigan! The Completely modern Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott is conveniently located in the epicenter of destination Corporate, Government, andLeisure Travelers coming to Traverse City. For Corporate Guest we are minutes to Munson Medical Center, Interlochen Center for Fine Arts, RJG, Sara Lee, Grand Traverse Mall, NMC University Center, and a host of our regions premier businesses. The Leisure Traveler will find us just down the road from Grand Traverse Bays, Sleeping Bear Dunes, and Old Mission/Leelanau Peninsula Wineries. Perfectly located around the finest golf, boating, snowmobiling, fishing, hiking, & nature site seeing in Pure Michigan. Large rooms, indoor pool/spa, free high-speed, complimentary breakfast,legendary guest service that makes you want to return. National Cherry Festival First Week of July 2010. Book now and experience the best hotel for the money in Pure Traverse City, located in Pure Michigan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Marriott so you can book your Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fairfield Inn & Suites By Marriott Traverse City, Mi Hotel Traverse City
- Fairfield Inn And Suites By Marriott Traverse City, Mi
- Fairfield Inn Traverse City
- Fairfield Traverse City
- Traverse City Fairfield Inn