“Under construction”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Our family recently stayed at the Fairfield during a ski weekend to Traverse City. When we booked the hotel on line, it mentioned that the breakfast area was under construction and breakfast would be served in an alternate location. What they did not tell you was that breakfast was continental only and in two small guest rooms. There were no eggs, no meat, no waffles, few choices and too many people for a tiny room.
We were also disappointed that the room was not as clean as usual. Couch cushions were stained, the chair was stained and there were several toiletry items left under the couch. We stay at Marriot properties because we have high standards for cleanliness and we are usually happy. Not this time. Just FYI, do not get the room by the exercise room. I woke early to someone running into my head. It literally shook the headboard with every step the runner took.
On a positive note, the staff were gracious and helpful as always!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank MichiganMom44
Arnota-AGM, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2014

Thank you for your review. You indicated in your response that our breakfast and construction was unsatisfactory. Also, we have already addressed your concerns with our Housekeeping Department. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Staff is absolutely terrific, very nice, attentive and accomodating
Breakfast is fine but could use some real fresh fruit
Workout room is a disaster, really need to upgrade that
pool is tiny, can't swim in it

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 20, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while visiting family in Traverse City, MI. While staying at the hotel I found it clean and received good service. However, after leaving and returning back to Atlanta I realized that I left my iPhone charger in my room. I called the hotel just to check (assuming that it was long gone). I received a phone call the next morning from the hotel letting me know that they had my phone charger and they were putting into Fed Ex for me to receive the next day. Thank you to the staff from saving me the expense of buying a new phone charger!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stayed here one night for a mini family reunion. It was very clean and the decor was bright and cheery. The pool area isn't huge but it kept the kids amused. The breakfast was good though it was a little crowded. The staff were all very nice.

It was a little hard to find tucked behind the Cracker Barrel but it's a great location. The mall and restaurants are across the street and it only took 5 - 10 minutes to get to the downtown area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went to Traverse City for a quiet weekend getaway filled with good eats and great wine. We found the Fairfield Inn & Suites after much investigating based on what we wanted to do during our long weekend. The Fairfield Inn is located on a street behind a Cracker Barrel, in a perfect location. The staff was very welcoming and check in was simple. After grabbing a fresh baked cookie, we went to our room to check out our accommodations. We stayed in a King Spa room. It had a very comfortable bed and a clean jacuzzi tub in the room. It was very nice to relax in.

We were told that breakfast would be available from 6:30am until 10am. What a selection! Fruit, bagels, muffins, hot oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage patties, and a make your own waffle bar. We ate here every morning except on the last day when we went out for brunch. It's only about a 3 mile trip to get to downtown Traverse City and maybe a 15 minute drive until you start hitting all the wineries in the loop. I highly recommend hiring a driver if you do plan on making a day out of the wineries. We found it was very easy on our second day on our own to go check out a couple, but not more than that, unless you plan on spitting out perfectly good wine.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again. It was very comfortable, clean, and easy to get to everywhere we wanted to go!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hulacherry
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Friendly, welcoming staff. Clean, modern. Room included: iron, ironing bd, hairdryer, coffee pot, comfortable king size bd, wi-fi, flat screen TV, refridgerator. Our room was on 1st floor facing parking lot. We did not find it noisy at all. Has a pool & hot tub. Excellent breakfast! Waffles, oatmeal, cereal, sausage, scrambled & hard-boiled eggs, yogurt, toast, fruit, juices, danishes. Quite the spread for a continental breakfast! Located a distance behind Cracker Barrell, nestled in the woods. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Our room faced the front parking lot. We did not notice any added noise.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I actually really like this place. Every year for my birthday, my mom and I go and stay here and then have the weekend to shop and stuff. It's clean and modern, the hot tub is perfect, and it's quiet. It's away from the road significantly, behind a Cracker Barrel. They have continental breakfast, which is quite delicious, one of the best. They have frozen sausage wrapped in pancake on a stick, man, you can't get that anywhere. The staff's friendly, and I highly suggest this if you're staying one or two days and hate traffic noises.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family