Stayed April 4-6.
Let me start by saying that I'm not a huge complainer and usually when I read reviews I take them with a grain of salt and we more times than not have a great experience, unfortunately not with this hotel.
Not sure we will ever come back again. Upon entering our room #233. We found it to be extremely hot (79 degrees with thermostat set to 68). We turned on the A/C and headed out to dinner. Upon retuning the room had cooled off a bit so we shut the a/c off so it was not blowing on us in bed. Big mistake as it was extremely uncomfortable sleeping. We were with our 11.5 month old son and didn't want cold air blowing on him. Before we put him to sleep we decided to go for a dip in the pool. Yet another disappointment. We stepped into the pool to find it freezing cold (it may have been warmer to swim in Lake Michigan). We ended up in the hot tub with kids throwing balls at each other, I was afraid my son was going to get drilled in the face. The hot tub was the temperature of what the pool should have been. Not the great first time pool experience we were looking for with our son. After our swim we went back to the room and put our son to bed. We went to log-in to the wi-fi and that was a joke. All weekend if you could get the wi-fi to connect it didn't last for long and wouldn't open anything. Also we had to fix our tv before we could watch it. On Saturday morning I complained to the front desk about the heat issue and all maintenance did was turn on the A/C. They also promised me the pool would be up to temperature within an hour. We checked the pool at around 4:00, 7 hours later and it was still too cold to take our child swimming in it. Swimming was the main reason for spending a weekend in TC during spring break, next time I will save money and rent down the road for half the price. Maybe get a jacuzzi suite and let my son splash around in there. We rented the room under their stay and play promotion and I feel like we got terrible accommodations and service because of it being a discount rate. Beware when booking with this hotel. Apparently they were having heat issues with the pool and rooms (other guests complained too) but they didn't mention a thing at check-in! The place has been renovated but I think thy are still working out the kinks over a year later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rising from the waters edge, West Bay Beach, Holiday Inn Resort is the only full-service, four season resort on the white sandy shores of West Grand Traverse Bay. You can do it all while visiting West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort! Conveniently located within walking distance to downtown, Traverse City offers unique boutique shops and an eclectic area of restaurants, art galleries, and theaters. Looking for things to do while you are in the area? Traverse City offers an abundant amount of satisfying activities such as hiking, biking, golf, water sports, para-sailing, boating with boat rentals, charter fishing, kayaking, wine tours, and dune climbing to name a few. Nearby area attractions include Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes National Park, Leland's Fishtown, Hagerty Conference Center, Turtle Creek Casino, Interlochen Arts Academy, Dennos Museum, Music House Museum, and Grand Traverse Mall just to name a few. Whether for work or for pleasure, West Bay Beach Resort has it all! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Traverse City Hotel Traverse City
- Traverse City Holiday Inn