“restaurant”

Ranked #6 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Traverse City, Michigan
“restaurant”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Enjoyed a breakfast buffet on Saturday 3/29/14. The whole experience was nice. The waitress Jennifer attended our table and we wanted for nothing. A gentleman handling the buffet named Bradley, greeted us and informed us of what was offered. He made great scrambled eggs for my wife, even though the buffet had scrambled eggs but she did not want cheese on hers, with no hesitation and a smile, said he understood and made the eggs with no cheese. I asked for 2 eggs over very very easy and a couple minutes I had perfect over very very easy eggs(this does not happen very often, usually they are over cooked!). I put the eggs on top of sausage gravy, which by the way was the best sausage gravy I have had for a long time. I also had a bowl of oatmeal, well, to be honest I had 2 bowls, it was delicious. I commented to Bradley how good it was and his response was "you can thank Mr. Quaker for that", my response was I take my oatmeal serious and make it for myself and it is all in how it is mixed!
I also observed the other waitress Sara and she looked like she was doing her job well also, same with Keith. It is very seldom I can say my total experience at any restaurant was great and this happened to me today. Thank you management for hiring good people who want to see their customers happy.

Room Tip: Sorry, I live here and only went for a Saturday buffet! I can say this, the hotel has the best locat...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Colin W, General Manager at West Bay Beach, a Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Lon1279 -

Welcome, local! So glad you chose to enjoy breakfast in our restaurant!

See you again soon!

Colin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Great time in tc. Incredible views and rooms have been recently remodeled. Great staff who actually cares about you. Had dinner at shimmers on the bay..restaurant inside and our waitress Allie was amazing. Great food and better service. Wish i never went to town to eat. Thank you holiday inn, shimmers and especially allie!!!

• Stayed March 2014
kempenberg -

Wow! Thank you for the five star review here on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate you mentioning Allie!

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am a frequent business guest at this property and receive a warm friendly welcome from Kym Cole at the front desk. She recognizes me by name, makes every effort to reserve my preferred accommodation and treats me not as a customer but like returning family.
Service and responsiveness to a guests make this my preferred property in Traverse City.

Room Tip: Ask for a water view in the west tower .
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Larry S -

Thank you for your wonderful review here on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with others - and especially mentioning Kym!

Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I'd always passed this hotel by... but will not pass it by again. OK, it was winter... but the accommodations were great. The renovation did the trick. A perfect accommodation for family or just friends: pools, restaurant and lounge on site, on the water perfect views from the room. The room was spotless and the beds were so very comfortable. The hotel is near downtown and between both sets of peninsula wineries. (and don't forget the distillery...). The restaurant breakfast menu offered many unique delicious selections. Staff were almost over friendly. The entry to the parking lot is a bit tricky, as is exiting left. But if that's all I can find to critique, this is a great place to stay!

Room Tip: Bay view - beautiful!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Debbie B -

Thank you for your review here on TripAdvisor.com! We are grateful for the opportunity to earn your business while in Traverse City!

See you next time!

illinois
Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting Traverse City for years and staying at the Holiday Inn many times and their renovation has been done. The staff has always been very nice and accommodating. Beds are nice and comfy and the pillows are nice as well. A good place to stay close to downtown.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank luvzvaca2
luvzvaca2 -

Thank you for your review and loyalty to our resort!

See you again soon,

Ellsworth, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I put together a good-bye party for a colleague of mine. We had lunch and appetizers in the Leelanau Rooms 3&$. My entire experience was excellent. I would especially like to thank Suki, Maegan and Tove. They did a superior job serving us. Very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Doug N -

Thank you for mentioning Suki, Tove, and Meagan from our banquets department! We appreciate your business!

Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

My fiancé and I went to traverse city in December to plan our wedding. We stayed the weekend at this resort and had appointments with west bay along with a few other reception venues. Long story short we booked our wedding with West Bay - not only because we loved the venue - but every one of the staff members went over and beyond the whole weekend! I would like especially thank Rachelle (wedding coordinator) and Jennifer & Brad who always gave us an amazing breakfast experience!! I had to call the resort back once we got home because I realized I forgot a bag in the room. Housekeeping was extremely friendly on the phone and went out of their way to ship it to me at no charge.

We cannot wait to have all of our guests have the same experience we did when we get married in August!!! :-)

Thank you, West Bay!!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather0809 -

We are SO excited that you have chosen to share your special day with us in August! See you then!