“I'll Be Back”

Hampton Inn Traverse City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed September 11, 2008

My Wife and I met some friends in Traverse City and we decided to stay at tha Hampton. We had syayed there before and based on a positive experience we decided to go back.

We Booked a room for Sept. 06. The hotel was quite busy. I think there was a wedding party staying there. I was worried about noise but no problems.

Our room was a king and the mattress and pillows were great. The room was very clean. We paid $109.00 which is the AAA rate.
I can't think of a single problem. My only concern was the breakfast area could be a bit larger. All the tables were taken so we ate in our room. Not a problem. I was hoping for biscuits and gravey though. I'm not sure they have that anymore.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Traverse City

Reviewed August 23, 2008

Stayed two nights just after remodel

Very nice and new,,

absolutely no complaints. definitely would return and recommend

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2008

We had high hopes since this hotel was recently remodeled (they just finished the first week in July, we stayed at the end of August.) We were not disappointed with the newness and decor (the decor is actually beautiful) but we had two major problems. One is the rooms are small (we had a king with a sleeper sofa that we would be pulling out, but when you do so it completely blocks the bathroom door!!!) The bigger problem is the insects that fly around the room, mostly on the ceiling but could be found on the bedspread as well. We didn't notice them when we checked in, but we weren't in the room for long, just dropped bags off. When we came back later in the evening we noticed what look like baby mosquitoes on the bed and were horrified when we looked up and found them all over the ceiling. Not sure what they were, but they were not just gnats. There must have been forty of them. They were coming in between the ceiling where it meets the wall. We asked for another room. They only had a king with no sleeper sofa, so me, my husband and three children had to share the king! At least it was bug free. They did not offer to compensate us for our trouble. I had to ask for something and even then they only took off $50 from our room, even though five of us had to sleep in one bed!!! The next day we asked for another room since the king wouldn't do and they only had two queens,no sleeper sofa, and they do not have cots since they damage the walls. When we came back again late in the evening we found the same problem, bugs all along the ceiling! This room was in a different part of the building, too. They switched us AGAIN! We asked what was the deal with the bugs and they admitted knowing about it and said it was a problem last year, too. They acted like it wasn't a big deal, "This happens in the summer in this part of Michigan" is what I was told. Uh, maybe if you are CAMPING!! I believe they are breeding in the walls or ceiling, it wasn't like just a few that came through a screen with a hole in it or something.
We would have checked out but most hotels were booked this weekend. We did check out the following morning. It is a shame because they had a decent breakfast and are in a good location.

Stayed: August 2008
2  Thank jarat5
Reviewed August 3, 2008

We stayed at the Hampton Inn in Traverse City for two nights, July 20 and 21, 2008. It was a typical Hampton Inn. What else can I say. Clean, comfortable, but just a box-on-the-highway. Our total for the two nights was $276.06 (including taxes), which was based on an AAA discounted rate. Hampton's plastic plate breakfast buffet is included. Still, the price seemed high. Traverse City seems to be somewhat of a resort area in the summer, so maybe that drives the prices up. The principal negative was that although there were two computers in the business center, one of the printers was broken the entire time we were there and the other broke while we were there. The desk clerk did offer to let me use their office computer under the circumstances, but at that point I didn't have the time to start over.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2008

I found that we had a very pleasant stay. They were in the middle of a remodel but it did not affect our stay at all. They told us ahead what was going on. The desk person was very nice. We only stayed one night but it was for our 50th wedding anniversary and glad that there were not any problems for us. Our room was clean and ready for us even though we were early. Our family had flowers delivered and they were in our room.
The breakfast was very good and there was plenty but this is not the busy time of year either.
Overall I think we would definitely stay again at this Hampton Inn.
I also felt it was very secured.

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed October 22, 2007

Stayed for 1 night. The bed was comfortable, room very clean.
Two cosmetic issues: The wallpaper was peeling off the wall where the wall and ceiling meet. There was also some mildew on the tub caulking. But because all other surfaces were squeaky clean, and I wasn't there to stare at the ceiling or the tub all day, I have no complaints given the price.
Staff very friendly. Internet worked fine. Appreciated the "lapdesk" in the room so you can comfortably use the lap top or have a writing surface while sitting in bed.
Breakfast was good...I was looking for some of the "go to" breakfast bags, didn't see any, so I sat down to eat and the food was fine.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed September 26, 2007

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn in prior years and it is definitely going downhill. The first room that I was assigned was dirty ( it was obvious the carpet had not been vaccuumed, food crumbs, etc) , I complained at the front desk and was quickly given a different room. This second room was vaccuumed, but the bathroom floor was not clean. Rather than complain a second time, I took a damp wash cloth and cleaned the hair off the floor myself. I used the in-room coffee for two nights, and when the room was made up the next day neither the coffee or the cups were replaced or was the coffee pot cleaned. I had to ask at the front desk both nights for coffee and cups.
The free breakfast was adequate, but not without problems. The lid to the steam tray holding the hot entree had a cloth tied around the handle ( to prevent burns). The once white cloth was now extremely soiled and looked like it hadn't been changed in a month. It was not sanitary at all.
I stayed at this Hampton Inn to take advantage of the Hilton Honors Points program, but in the future I think I will forgo the points and stay somewhere else when in Traverse City. There are lots of new places that have to be cleaner than this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple