“Warm welcome in the middle of winter”

Hampton Inn Traverse City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed February 9, 2014

last minute reservations, and the employees we very helpful for meeting my needs. the weather was freezing outside and I was able to park close to a door and my room was toast warm. I wish I had time to hit the indoor pool and hot tub but I checked in late and there was no time for fun.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
France F, Front Desk at Hampton Inn Traverse City, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

We try to provide our guest with the best possible service and it was great to hear it shows. . We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Right on the main drag across from the East Bay, this is a great local and a wonderful, clean and well equipped hotel. Unless you must stay in a resort, this is one of the best chain hotels in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We try to provide our guest with the best possible service and a great place to stay during your time in Traverse City. Your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

When I checked in exhausted from being up all night at the hospital awaiting the birth of my grandchild, all I wanted was sleep! I told the front desk clerk all of this and he placed me in a room at the end of the hall away from other guests and said he would let housekeeping know I needed quiet. I never heard a sound. The room was beautiful and breakfast was great! Thank you for listening to your guests and always making me feel welcome!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank km27952u

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The staff is very pleasant and helpful and worked to make our stay enjoyable. Breakfast was good and the room clean and neat. The hotel is located on a busy street near the State Park in Traverse City, making access to activities around the area easy. We were never in the car for more than 20 minute when traveling to various destinations around the area. The bed in the hotel was not as comfortable as we expected (king bed) and appeared not to have had the upgrades we experienced at other Hampton Inns.

2  Thank Tom W

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize that the beds were not up to your standards.Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed from Monday through Friday in Traverse City over the New Year week. Paid $99 bucks a night. Turns out I should've booked on the water or down the street for 1/3 to 1/2 that and gotten the same or better room. But, it was warm and quiet. The value compared to the other hotels in the same area, put this one in the over-priced for what you get category. Again, Hilton help is not so friendly and you're in their way, not the other way around, as I tried to get some breakfast down stairs. I won't be back. Try the other places on the strip and you'll discover wonderful little places with fireplaces and whirlpools and other delights.

Room Tip: Try another place unless you just want hilton honor points - -spend $99 bucks somewhere you can get...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. I apologize if during your stay we were not up to Hampton's excellent standard of service. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the near future. We loved having you here.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

The room was filthy with cookie crumbs near the end table between the bed, pills on the floor and wrappers between the bed and the armoire. The comforter appeared to have fresh stains on it. A very gross experience. Hard to believe that anyone tended to this room before we arrived and if they did they should not be working in house keeping. Check-in took about 10 minutes as the employees who were supposed to be tending to the front desk were in the back room chatting and unaware that I was at the desk. The in room heater made a continuous ticking noise to the point of continually waking me up. This will be my last stay at Hampton Inn. Disappointing experience and one of the worst that I've had in the area. I would recommend Cambria Suites.

1  Thank Dan R

Reviewed January 5, 2014

We were pleased with our stay. From the outside it looks like an older hotel but the rooms were very nice. On the small side but very nice styling and clean. In the summer the location near the state park would be ideal.

1  Thank Kimberly P

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn of Traverse City. You are an important guest and all of your comments and feedback help us better serve you. Thank you for your time and I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to better serve you in the future.