“Great Value”

Hampton Inn Traverse City
Ranked #10 of 40 Hotels in Traverse City
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was remodeled beautifully and very quiet. We had a late check-in with a full hotel and they held our reservation. The bed was so comfortable and linens very clean. Stayed at another hotel in the area on the return trip which was more money, smelled of smoke, noisy, and not nearly as nicely renovated. Would definitely stay at Hampton Inn again!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Traverse City

Reviewed August 7, 2013

The prices have steadily increased over the years while the quality of service has steadily declined. The front desk and breakfast staff were extremely rude. The could use training in customer service. The hotel was understaffed throughout our entire stay. We watched one evening as a staff member sat in the office and ignored the phone that was ringing off of the hook. There were also multiple complaints of room keys not working - ours being one. We did not have them near phones as the front desk suggested. Overall - this was our worst stay at this hotel yet. It was also our last.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The place lived up to a Hilton brand - I was extremely satisfied with the quality of my stay but the price was expensive but so are all hotels in the Traverse City area on summer weekends. The service was exceptional and the location was right across the street from the beach!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Although the location was great. The couch and bed had such a bad odor it was hard to sleep or even use them. At checkout the employee was uncaring and just wanted to get it over with. We will never stay at a Hampton again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Steven W
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This is a nice, clean hotel (except for hallway carpeting which does need cleaned). Breakfast was good with a good selection. I like that they offer take away breakfast for those in a hurry. They should clean the tables much more often during breakfast service. This was our first visit to Traverse city and we had a great time. We were thrilled to find that the beach across the street had nice soft, clean sand and was shallow for a very long way out. No rocks, no vegetation and nice and warm. I was sad to learn that this hotel offered no "do it yourself laundry" so I had to take my laundry into town to be washed to avoid bringing home lots of stinky beach clothes. We had a room with two queen beds for me, my hubby and my boys 8 and 10. It was good enough but pretty small. Storage for clothes was very limited. We ended up storing our suitcases in our van the entire time. Staff was generally friendly and attentive. Swimming pool and hot tub were nice enough. Nice central location to lots of attractions. Just a short drive to the main dining/entertainment area. Overall a good experience and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Hotel extended an "discounted" rate since we needed several rooms to attend a funeral. Granted, it was peak season (July) in Traverse City. This facility was not worth the $225/night charge. Room was slightly dirty. Carpet was wet in several locations, glad we had foot flops. Room lay out is poor. Narrow around king bed and an obstacle course if you have the sleeper/sofa pulled out. Bathroom was bare bones and nowhere near spotless. Vanity area is so small, it can only service one person at a time. Nothing special about this property. Not terrible, but below average at best. I would spend your $$ elsewhere. On the positive side, the included breakfast was pretty good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am writing this review PRIOR to staying at the Hampton because so far, it has been a terrible experience! I am staying at this hotel in September for a good friend's wedding (if everyone in the wedding and attending wasn't staying here, I would NOT be either). When I initally called to book a room (rooms that SHOULD have already been blocked off) I was told that she "hadn't done that yet" and would call me back once she blocked them. NEVER GOT A CALL BACK. Called again a few days later and was put on hold for 25 MIN. before being disconnected on their end. Tried calling back and NO ONE ANSWERS. I have been trying to reach this hotel for days and no one answers! Never ever ever have I had such a hard time trying to spend my money to stay at a hotel. RIDICULOUS. I had to call the corporate headquarters to book a room.

I can only hope that my stay here will be better than my booking experience. Of all the hotels I can choose from, you would think their customer service would be on point.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends