Where do i begin? My wife and I drove up to Traverse City for my step son’s graduation. We reserved the room over a week advance through choice hotels. When we arrive after a 20 hour drive exhausted from the road there is a sign on the door that read no valency's. My wife went in and the front desk told her because we arrived later and she had a wedding party arrived looking for rooms she rented them out. She said she did have one room with a faulty air conditioner that she moved people from and she would set us up in that room. We took all our luggage up-to the room and turned on the air because the room was very hot being on the second floor above the heated pool area, then we proceed to the MC Donald's down the road to get some food. When we returned the room was even hotter as the air was coming out hot not cold. It wasn't real bad outside so we opened the window but it would only open around three inches. It’s like cracking an open window in a smothering car, doesn't do much good without circulation. We figured it would cool down sooner or later and we lay down without covers. After a few hours of sweating and tossing in bed my wife finally called the front desk to complain. The lady came up with a fan asked to come in, agreed it was extremely hot in the room and checked the air herself and apologized for everything and told us unfortunately no management would be in until Monday and we need to defiantly talk to them because she had to move someone from that room a few days before for the same reason. The fan in front the window cooled he room fast and at 4:30am we finally were able to get to sleep. Then at around 9:15am i am woken in my birthday suit to housekeeping walking into our room. Checkout time is 11am. Again my wife called the front desk to complain but again the response was "management won’t be here to Monday". So we pack everything up in the morning because we expected a new room Sunday. Sunday night was much better. Monday checkout came and my wife asked to speak to management but the front desk said he was much to busy on important phone calls and would be better for her to call in an hour or so. He called her and was very rude telling her it was too cold outside and she was lying about everything. He basically said he would give her 20% off Saturday night and hung up. I was not happy with his accusations and it wasn't about the money as my wife is a nurse and i am a network engineer and we are not concerned about the money. It was the whole situation and the way we were treated that was the issue. I told my wife to call Choice because they would make sure the hotel was following the choice hotel standards and these issues should be looked into further including the fact that management flat out called my wife a liar like she was trying to get a free ride. A few days later management emails my wife and insults her and calls her a liar again and tells her to prove her accusations. Needless to say, I am very disappointed in my stay, management, and choice hotels and I will never step foot into this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family owned and operated. Located seven miles south of downtown Traverse City, near Interlochen, Buckley and Kingsley. Recent upgrades include: new carpet, new wallpaper, in-room coffee makers, expanded wif-fi service throughout the building, flat screen TV's in most guest rooms. All rooms are now equipped with microwaves and refrigerators. Other amenities include: free continental breakfast, indoor pool and hot tub, in-room hair dryers. Dogs accepted with permission. We have parking available for trucks, trailers, motor coaches and other large vehicles. We offer wine tour packages in cooperation with the Leelanau Peninsula Vintner's Association several times throughout the year. If you have a special need/request, please contact the hotel directly. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Lodge Traverse City
- Traverse City Econo Lodge